What's new

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (1 Viewer)

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
but wouldn't that poster be something of a major spoiler that Sirius is a dog

It would make a heckuva striking image though.

How bout as a teaser, an image of the moony, padfoot, wormtail and prongs Marauder's map. they could of course do all sorts of little things to it like highlighting or pointing out certain locations on the map, but I think it would make a darn cool teaser.

Adam

Dave Gilbert

Second Unit
AICN has posted an image of Michael Gambon as Dumbledore today, for those who are interested. Richard Harris will be hard to replace, but MG looks OK to me.

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
Good!
The fact that they're cutting her out means that she's probably not nearly as important as the romance blinded teenyboppers tend to think. If Cho were important to the later books Rowling probably wouldn't let them cut her out (not to mention she would have a more significant role, than say, Neville if she was important).
Anyways its clear that Harry and Hermione are meant for one another.:b:b Ron and Hermione's bickering is cute, but it wouldn't be a good foundation for a relationship, the bickering would never end, and Ron would be resentful that Hermione is vastly more successful than him and it would end in a messy divorce :D:D
*ducks tomatos*
I'm actually glad the Quidditch is out, though I'll REALLY REALLY miss seeing Harry's first fully formed Patronus knock Malfoy out, other than that, the quidditch wasn't as necessary. I wonder if they'll try to make Cedric have a significant role in this film, since
his death has little resonance in the fourth book because we've never known him or cared about him
I have high hopes for this film, can't wait for 2004. I just hope someone at the studio is smart enough to realize that the crew working on the film is mostly not going to be doing post stuff, and since they can only shoot four hours a day anyway with the kids they could have Cuaron directing Goblet of Fire in the morning and supervising the post work in the evenings. :D principal photography might go on longer, but they would essentially be saving time, able to keep the same cast (by the time they're into mid to late teens of books four and on, age isn't nearly as apparent and they can get away with keeping the same cast).
Adam

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
One question though, if they knock Quidditch out, are they going to get rid of the House Cup competition again also? Because Gryffindor won again, and the book directly attributes it to them winning the Quidditch Championship.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
There's nothing about quittich being knocked out... Simply that Oliver Wood and Cho Chang are not in it. My guess is that they'll cut to Harry on the broom mid game against Hufflepuff instead of making us endure what would be by then a redundant quittich scene.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Has anything been said about the releae date?

Is it Winter,Spring,Summer or Fall of 2004?

Fall 04 seems kind of far away. They were able to get COS done in less time than that.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Yah, expecially if they are already filming. Unless post is a real bitch, I'd assume it would be ready by summer.

Richard Smith

Stunt Coordinator
Warners have confirmed a release date for Azkaban. From Dark Horizons:
Warners has now officially confirmed a US release date which sticks it right into the middle of Summer - June 4th 2004.

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
Adam, that's an interesting choice. Just goes further to confirm that the new director is a good choice, Columbus would NEVER have had the guts to drop such a major thing like Quidditch, even it it has already been done really well in the first two movies and would be redundant by now. The more i hear about this movie the more I look forward to it. :emoji_thumbsup:

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I'm pretty desappointed that they may be dropping Quidditch. Sure some of it's redundant, but this is the year that Griffindor finally takes the Quidditch Cup. This being Wood's last year and last chance at winning. Not to mention it's probably my favorite moment of all the books.:frowning:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Where are you guys getting this?

As Adam said, no one has mentioned ditching Quidditch totally. It's just that a couple of secondary characters that would usually appear during Quiddich, will not.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Well if Wood's out, then they might as well abandon Quidditch entirely. I agree with Ray that Wood finally winning the cup on his last chance was a great moment.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Well if Wood's out, then they might as well abandon Quidditch entirely. I agree with Ray that Wood finally winning the cup on his last chance was a great moment.
[*]Even taken into acount the fact that they're on a slope, Emma appears to have caught up with Dan height wise. This is good, as I was worried she'd be cut out of frame with the two boys shooting up like weeds.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks