What's new

Hanna Barbera fans rejoice! Jonny Quest, Flintstones, Jetsons coming! (2 Viewers)

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Which begs the question again, "Why are these so damn expensive?" Now that we can't use restoration as an excuse. Sheesh, start double-siding the discs and give me something I can afford.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member

Yeah, esp. with no "Heathen Monkeys" included. :)

Sorry...I jest. Although in the upper price bracket, I still find the $45 tag acceptable.

It'd be nice if WB would have done a "Buy Jonny, Get Jetsons For XXX Dollars Off" type of a deal here.

Carlos Garcia

Screenwriter

They seem to be doing this with more and more shows. I recently bought season 1 of Lost In Space and several scenes appear to be missing, due to the fact that instead of re-mastering the show with the original 35mm film masters, they took some recent syndication 1" video masters done in the 80s, and as a result, not only are some scenes missing, but the quality of the picture also suffers (dark, video scan lines are visible, etc.). Why should we have to pay so much for a set that didn't cost the studios anything to re-master? I mean all they did was transfer the existing videos onto DVD...We could all do this at home if we had the 1" video masters, a 1" video player and a DVD recorder! I suppose unless there's an outcry from alot of fans, they'll simply continue to release shows that are edited, using the same closing credits for each episode, show scratches and dirt, etc., etc. I think consumer groups should require DVDs to tell the fans just what they are buying. Something like "Warning, this DVD is an edited version of the original show as it aired in its original release." At least this way the fans won't be expecting the same thing they saw on TV 30 yrs ago, only to be disappointed when its changed somehow. A friend of mine recently bought UNDERDOG, and was shocked that they no longer had the cliffhanger endings, nor any of the other shows that appeared on that show originally. It's basically a bait and switch. If it's not the original, then they shouldn't be able to use the original title. Johhny Quest: The Edited Episodes would be more appropriate, don't you think?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks