What's new

Hanging screen from vaulted ceiling (1 Viewer)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I am considering hanging a screen from my vaulted ceiling, on the side with the lowest point and about two feet out from the wall. At that point, from floor to ceiling, it is about 8.5'. The screen weighs about 15 pounds and measures 67 inches in width.

If I can't drill into studs, can I use the mounting hardware that expands on the other side of the drywall (I think these are called molleys)? I've used them quite a bit for mounting on a wall, but I am not sure if they are okay to use on a horizontal or angled surface like a ceiling.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I am considering hanging a screen from my vaulted ceiling, on the side with the lowest point and about two feet out from the wall. At that point, from floor to ceiling, it is about 8.5'. The screen weighs about 15 pounds and measures 67 inches in width.

If I can't drill into studs, can I use the mounting hardware that expands on the other side of the drywall (I think these are called molleys)? I've used them quite a bit for mounting on a wall, but I am not sure if they are okay to use on a horizontal or angled surface like a ceiling.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I found a good page about such things. Toggle bolts would be the way to go, but I've decided against it for now. I think I'll stick with my quasi temporary background support system. Check "My Gear" if you're curious.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I found a good page about such things. Toggle bolts would be the way to go, but I've decided against it for now. I think I'll stick with my quasi temporary background support system. Check "My Gear" if you're curious.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks