What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Hammer Horror and Special Effects Collections- coming from Warner 10/6/2015 (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
John Sparks said:
I just cancelled my $49+ order and rebought it for the $42+ price. If it drops again, I'll do it again.
Amazon automatically gives you the lowest price that comes anytime after you pre-order. I just got a $5.50 credit on Murder, My Sweet.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
So, if it went down to the $42 from the $49 and then back up to $54 where it's been for awhile before it's released, then you'd get credited the difference from whatever lowest price it went to before release day?

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
John Sparks said:
So, if it went down to the $42 from the $49 and then back up to $54 where it's been for awhile before it's released, then you'd get credited the difference from whatever lowest price it went to before release day?
They've always done it as far as I know. If the item says "Pre-order price guarantee" (which I think they all do - I just ordered The Beatles 1 Blu fromRon's post and it said it), they will give you the lowest price that occurs between the time you pre-ordered and the shipping date. That's why I almost always pre-order when a title is announced because it will certainly drop a few days later.

turtledove

Second Unit
Real Name
gerry
Cancelled my Hammer set for $49 from Amazon and reordered from import cd's who have it for $39 and I also got a $5 discount so even with postage to the UK it comes to £27

Dr Griffin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zxpndk
Wow, the compression on the Warner looks outrageous on paper, but they are getting better because the image looks as good as the UK.

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Just happy to get these movies on Blu . But I do wish they put commentaries on each film .

EManT2200

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Leon
Glad to see that this reviewer considers the USA Warner release to actually have a slight edge over the UK version in picture quality. Can't wait to get these, hopefully the Warner releases of Horror of Dracula and Curse of Frankenstein will also be improvements over those UK versions. There have been quite a few complaints about those, which is why I have waited, hoping to see these released here. All the waiting seems to have paid off ! ! ! Hoping to see a release date soon for Warner's Horror Classics Vol. 2.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Glad to see that this reviewer considers the USA Warner release to actually have a slight edge over the UK version in picture quality.
Well I have the UK, The Mummy & it looks pretty good, & I have to say I can see no difference at all between the caps. It will be interesting to see what Warner do with The Curse Of Frankenstein & Dracula, as Frankenstein looks awful & I'm one of the ones who thinks Dracula looks too blue. I hope we find out next year.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Well I have the UK, The Mummy & it looks pretty good, & I have to say I can see no difference at all between the caps. It will be interesting to see what Warner do with The Curse Of Frankenstein & Dracula, as Frankenstein looks awful & I'm one of the ones who thinks Dracula looks too blue. I hope we find out next year.
I've already ordered these , and I'm looking forward to next years releases from WB .
Possibly X the Unknown? Revenge Of Frankenstein? When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth?
For the SciFi - Black Scorpion? Giant Behemoth? Valley of the Gwangi?

RJ992

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joel
LouA said:
I've already ordered these , and I'm looking forward to next years releases from WB .
Possibly X the Unknown? Revenge Of Frankenstein? When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth?

REVENGE would be a Sony title. Perhaps Twilight Time might consider a future release of that one.

aPhil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Phil Smoot
RJ992 said:
REVENGE would be a Sony title. Perhaps Twilight Time might consider a future release of that one.
The Revenge of Frankenstein is one of Hammer's best films, and it certainly needs an upgrade. The old DVD looks really flat and it is a poor way to experience such a fine film.

turtledove

Second Unit
Real Name
gerry
C4 UK aired a lovely HD version of Gwangi last Xmas ( along with 3 worlds of Gulliver) so thanks to my Bluray recorder my Harryhausen blu voyage is complete for the moment.

There is a Spanish release of Curse of Frankenstein but it's 4:3 and seems to be a copy of that version from the UK disc and is equally as dreadful.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
C4 UK aired a lovely HD version of Gwangi last Xmas ( along with 3 worlds of Gulliver) so thanks to my Bluray recorder my Harryhausen blu voyage is complete for the moment.

There is a Spanish release of Curse of Frankenstein but it's 4:3 and seems to be a copy of that version from the UK disc and is equally as dreadful.
I 've always assumed Twilight Time would release Three Worlds Of Gulliver, since they've released so many of the other post 7th Voyage Of Sinbad Harryhausen films. I've got my fingers crossed for Revenge Of Frankenstein, which in my opinion has never looked really good on home video ,not even on laser disc.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
LouA said:
X might be with Studio Canal.. Warner has When Dinosaurs ruled but they probably would use the censored version for a bluray release. I think the ScifI set with the Black Scorpion would be awesome

Revenge of Frankenstein has Mill Creek DVD rights.. I dont know if Twilight Time would or could get it. I will say during the era of DVD this was a good release, of course with blu ray this could now be upgraded.. Dont forget about Return of the Vampire either :)

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
X might be with Studio Canal.. Warner has When Dinosaurs ruled but they probably would use the censored version for a bluray release. I think the ScifI set with the Black Scorpion would be awesome
Revenge of Frankenstein has Mill Creek DVD rights.. I dont know if Twilight Time would or could get it. I will say during the era of DVD this was a good release, of course with blu ray this could now be upgraded.. Dont forget about Return of the Vampire either :)
Isn't Day the Earth Caught Fire with Studio Canal also?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks