What's new

H/K avr8000 v. Marantz 8200 - especially music (1 Viewer)

Michael Cucka

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Michael Cucka
Need some advice since I can't demo these two units side-by-side...

My main HT uses a Marantz 9200 which I absolutely love - the sound is so clean and natural in both movies and music. I use my HT quite a bit for music - concert DVDs, DVD-A, LD's, CD's, etc - so music is really important for me.

Right now, I'm adding a second (smaller) listening area and don't want to spend as much for my receiver as I did for the 9200. I can pick up a H/K avr8000 for the same price as a Marantz 8200 - but the Marantz at that level does not do HDCD (and I have quite a few of those discs I listen to) - the avr8000 does.

Can you guys give me an opinion as to how the H/K does for music reproduction? It seems to be a real top notch unit for HT.

Or, would you recommend I take a chance on a refurbished 9200 that I can get for $200 more (from an authorized dealer, including 1 yr warranty and 30 day DOA return)?

Thanks!

John A. Casler

Second Unit
I have a feeling that if you get the 8000, it will end up in the main system it is so good with music reproduction.

Doesn't mean the Marantz is a slouch, but the 8000 is among the top in the class.

John Casler

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks