What's new

GR Research here I come--- I think. (1 Viewer)

David Walker

Agent
Okay, after a LONG break from posting here, I've still been reading and trying to decide on speakers to complete my system.

If you'll remember, I was having insurance adjuster woes. I was never satisfied with the speaker brands the insurance company could get to replace my old ones, so finally I just took the cash minus depreciation.

I've been reading here and AudioAsylum, and I keep coming back to GR Research, so I think I'm going to go for it. I plan to buy them fully assembled because frankly, I just don't trust myself to not screw up.

I know it's crazy to buy speakers without hearing first, but I bet the waiting list for the traveling demo is miles long, and I'm just so anxious. (If there's anyone in the Austin area that would be willing to let me come take a listen, that'd be great, though!)

So, A/V-2 for $900 looks like what I'm going to go for... What's the verdict?

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
David,

I actually think the waiting list is pretty short. Just yesterday Danny said he had a pair there with no place to go. They may be spoken for at this point but give him a call if you're interested. Since you're in Austin they'd probably be there in a couple of days.

David Walker

Agent
Thanks for the heads up Brian, you were right. I just talked with Danny a few minutes ago, and arranged for a demo A/V-2 to be sent my way!

Also, he told me to ask around and see if there's some guys in Austin that would want to demo them after me. I can just drop them off at your place or you could come pick them up after I'm done. Call Danny up and add your name to the waiting list if you're interested.

-David

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks