What's new

Got the new EGM... (1 Viewer)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Wow. If you can, go get this mag NOW.

Castlevania PS2, more Rebel Strike pics, a new layout, and a TON of previews, including Return of the King, SOCOM 2, Medal of Honor: Rising Sun, Ratchet & Clank 2, and many others.

The sizes of the previews is still the small little paragraph-sized blurb, but the new layout includes many more of them and a good amount of info about the bigger titles.

And Castlevania is 3-D. It kinda looks like Devil May Cry mixed with Castlevania's traditional visual style.

The preview for Rebel Strike is about 10 pages (plus ads and lots of pictures).

florence franks

Stunt Coordinator
I just got mine today. It seems pretty good for magazine in todays technological age.

Though there is some totaly inane and crappy Nintendo news in there but no fault of EGM staff.

1) Two whole dungeons were cut off of ZTWW because it would have been to long adventure for some players? LOL I guess they never heard of side quests, you know ones that reward and please fans that have been following you all along? Common in best rpgs and adventures? Doh.
2) Unless Miyamoto is flat out lying, which I never recall him doing, there is absolutely NO zelda even in planning stages for a console system at this time. Ack! Making it at best 2005 for next zelda on cube which would be suicide to repeat such a stupid cycle of not having zelda ready within year of new system launch.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Since Rogue Leader was made in 8 months, and Nintendo now has a firm grip on everything involved with the GameCube hardware, they could probably crank out a good Zelda game in a year.

Though it is disappointing that no Zelda games are in console development right now. I remember hearing a while ago that they had multiple Zelda/Mario games in development to cut down time, but what they probably meant was that they would release them sooner and reduce the development time somehow. Either way, there's still that GBA Zelda.

Mark Evans

Supporting Actor
I'm pretty sure that Nintendo has gone on record as saying that the reason WW lost those two dungeons is because they simply weren't done in time and they wanted to get the game out on time rather than delay it.

I really don't think they chopped out two dungeons just so people could finish it.

Adam Nixon

Second Unit
That's lousy news. Playing through Wind Waker, as great as is, I keep wishing for more dungeons. I was sure I read a direct quote from Miyamoto that another Zelda was in development. I guess we'll find out if they're lying come E3.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Does this issue have an interview with Itagaki as well?
I heard rumors of it on another board.

-Dave

Jean-Michel

Supporting Actor
Itagaki is a truly beautiful man. He is Japan's national treasure and great care must be taken to isolate him to that we may study him and see what nutrients may be extracted from him for our own personal use.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks