What's new

Latest Issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly (1 Viewer)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I just got my new issue of EGM and there are some interesting things.
The GCN screenshots from SpaceWorld look really good. Even better than the videos.
The cover opens up to be an ad for Halo. Neat, but annoying cuz my cover is ugly now.
LOTS of ads for PS2 and XB games, like ICO, Halo, Cel Damage, Agent Under Fire, Ace Combat 4, Soldier of Fortune, and a buncha other games.
The famous "naked guy" GameCube ad.
The covers for NFL Fever 2002, Halo, Project Gotham, Amped, Munch's Oddysee, New Legends, Mad Dash Racing, MX 2002, NHL Hitz 2002, Tony Hawk 2X, Shrek, Dead or Alive 3, Starfighter SE, Madden 2002, 4x4 Evo 2, Max Payne, Dave Mirra 2, and Nascar Heat 2002 for X-Box are in an Electronics Boutique ad and all are $54.99.
A section that opens up as an ad for the X-Box.
A whole lotta previews and reviews for PS2 games.
Overall, this issue is going to be the first of the multi-console advertising types. There is a lot of info and pictures, along with ads, crammed inside of it. I suggest you check it out cuz its probably worth the neat ads and screenshots alone.
EDIT: Forgot to mention the kickass Metal Gear Solid 2 ad. It might not be as kickass as some others, but its a great one and definitely applies to the submerging idea.
[Edited last by Morgan Jolley on September 24, 2001 at 04:48 PM]

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
And you *completely* forgot the most important part of the new EGM... The very positive review of Spy Hunter
wink.gif

------------------
Nothing In Particular

Andre F

Screenwriter
Just curious....is there something wrong with EGM? I really enjoy this magazine and have for years.
-Andre
------------------
-= Take your stinking paws off me you damn dirty ape! =-
[Edited last by Andre F on September 24, 2001 at 05:53 PM]

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
To me, its content has always seemed "lightweight" & its layout messy. But then, I think that of almost all US console gaming magazines.
------------------
Nothing In Particular

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
Back in the day when they had adults running the magazine it was great. Now it's basically Nintendo Power for all consoles (although I may argue that NP is classier).
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks