Gamecube owners: Timesplitters 2 or Godzilla?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Angel Pagan, Oct 22, 2002.

1. Angel Pagan

Angel Pagan Second Unit

I'm on the fence on which game I should get next. I just got back into video games after being away for a number of years and wanted to know from gamers that have played or seen these 2 games. I have been keeping tabs on games via magazines (PSM, GamePro, EGM, etc) all these years, though.
    Timesplitters 2 - I've always loved the FPS games. Unfortunately, I missed many, many games during the times I wasn't playing. I went from Doom on the PS1 (didn't have a computer when it first came out) and briefly on the N64 to Medal Of Honor on the PS1, with nothing in-between.
    Godzilla - Although I was never a big fan of fighting games, I was highly addicted to the Street Fighter 2 games on the Super Nintendo. When the series shifted over to the PS1, it frustrated me because of the controller and how different (and difficult) it was for me to adjust to it. After picking up the Gamecube this past summer, I was wondering if Capcom would release a SF2 game (compilation or new). I was curious when I saw the impending release of Capcom vs. SNK 2 EO. I figured this would be the closest thing to SF2 on the Cube and purchased it blindly. Because of the controls, I'm happy that I made the purchase. What does this have to do with Godzilla? Nothing other than me not being a fan of fighting games (other than SF and MK to a lesser extent) and was wondering how everyone (fans and non-fans of fighting games) feels about this game. From the screenshots in mags to the commercial, the game looks fun.
    Sorry to babble but felt the need to explain where I stand on each of these video game genres.
    I was thinking of renting these but the rental stores around where I live are horrible when it comes to having new games in stock.

2. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

I havent played TS2 but from what i have seen both games are totally different. Godzilla is a good and fun game that if you like a rock em sock em type games its for you. Also if your a godzilla fan. I bought it and i love it. One of my fav games in a while.

TS2 is a FPS that is totally different so just get both :)

capt

3. dave_brogli

dave_brogli Screenwriter

Godzilla is so great! Not as fast as TS2 (they are 4 ton monsters of course) But I have both (well TS2 for PS2) and Ive enjoyed TS2 betta! Get either one, youll be happy

4. Camp

Camp Cinematographer

Another vote for Godzilla. TS2 has neat effects but not much else.

5. millercv

millercv Second Unit

I've got Godzilla and love it - especially if you are playing w/ 4 people [​IMG]
    However I do think I will pick up Timesplitters 2 eventually also based on the demos.....

6. Angel Pagan

Angel Pagan Second Unit

Thanks guys.

7. LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport Cinematographer

I'm loving Godzilla and am now in Adventure Mode on medium and am starting to unlock the gallery items. I wish I had a map of where all the Ataris symbols are (one is under the Trans America building).