What's new

Got about $1000 to spend for front 3 speakers... (1 Viewer)

Youssef

Stunt Coordinator
I am putting together a home theater system for my cousin and i need some help. I have a little under $1000 to spend on some floor standing speakers and a center channel. I would like to get something that looks nice with the grills off and performs very well for the price. I heard about the Paradigms but I do not know their price range. Can anyone tell me about what model numbers to look at and what is the price on each of them? Thanks.

Also, any recomendations on what rec'r to get? I am looking at pairing the speakers with either the Marantz SR-8200 or the Harmon Kardon 520. This system will be used both for music and movies.

Youssef

Stunt Coordinator
adam, how would axiom's stack up next to the paradigm monitor 9's or even the monitor 11's? ( i can get the monitor 11's for the same price as the monitor 7's). Also how does the center perform when compared to the cc-370.

Nick L

Second Unit
Might I recomend B&W. I don't know exact prices for sure but I think one can get the DM602.5 and matching center for about $1000. Check them out here .

Adam Horak

Stunt Coordinator
Youssef, I think the M60ti is a superior speaker to the Monitor 11s. I have never had the privledge of hearing a CC-370, so I can't comment on that vs. the VP150. There is a thread called "Axiom vs. Paradigm" or something like that floating around. There are some good opionions in there about the M60ti vs. the Monitor 11.

JoeyT

Stunt Coordinator
Another idea,

consider spending your grand on 2 better mains and phantom the center until later. At the grand mark you can really start to move in the right directon. Also, 2 chan. stereo would be much improved.

Bry_DD

Second Unit
I recommend the Axiom's M60ti and VP150 too. I have both and the sound stages is unbelievably amazing. very clear and crisp on high and low volume. The good thing is the price can't be beat. You can get the M60 for $680 and the VP150 for less than $300 from the Axioms factory Outlet.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks