Goonies Release date.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by G Miller, Aug 20, 2001.

1. G Miller

G Miller Stunt Coordinator

Hi guys,
    I just ordered The Goonies from DVDBoxOffice.com and after i submitted my order, i realized that they had thier release date down as the 18th of Sept. I went and had a look on Amamzon.com and it said that it was available immediately. Whats the chop? I sure hope i don't have to wait until the end of september to recieve my copy! Does anybody have any idea on if this is maybe an error? I have e-mailed them but haven't recieved a response as yet.

2. SteveBjr

SteveBjr Stunt Coordinator

I'm buying mine from a local retailer tomorrow at 11am [​IMG]
    ------------------
    Steve,
    DVD Collection

3. Dave Ringkor

Dave Ringkor Stunt Coordinator

The release date is August 21. My online preorder shipped late last week.

4. G Miller

SteveDave,
    Im in OZ guys. This title isn't even on the horizon yet, so online ordering is my only option, and dvdboxoffice doesn't charge ANY shipping at all. (Shipping to OZ from some sites can be upto $15 US)
    I really hope that I get it sooner rather than later.

5. Kevin Baker

Kevin Baker Extra

The release date for The Goonies is later up here in Canada than it is in the U.S. (Don't ask me why. Canadians are getting the odd delay on some releases, and it really sucks!) Since DVDBoxOffice is based in Canada, I guess they have to go by the Canadian release date.
    Sorry, but I hate having to wait for it too!

6. G Miller

Damn, What a pain in the arse. I wonder if I could swap my order for another title. Maybe Forrest Gump. Thats just ruined my day. I was so excited about ordering this and now im pissed off.

7. richard plumb

richard plumb Stunt Coordinator

Does Canada get different discs than the US?
    I ordered a couple of discs from DVD Box Office, and was happy with their service. But I'd like to check if the discs are the same as the US versions?
    For example, do they get remastered with French language tracks and subtitles? Can the video be compromised in any way, or does any French track simply replace a Spanish one?

8. Don Myles

Don Myles Stunt Coordinator

By and large the Canadian releases are usually the same. I am not sure why there is a delay on the Goonies in Canada - I picked up on that from another thread and made sure I ordered from a company who gets its DVD's from the States. It arrived last Wednesday.
    Don