What's new

Good sub for upto $200 (1 Viewer)

kevin tate

Stunt Coordinator
I have the Atlantic Technology 10" T70PBM sub for $190. It has good tight & accurate bass, but not quite enough rumble for movies for my large room because of its sealed design. I went to Tweeter and listened to the Velo VX-10. It was pretty good, but the bass is not as tight as the T70PBM. I played the same 1st battle scene from Gladiator for both rooms. The listening room at Tweeter was carpeted, and my family room has hardwood floor; acoustically, the Tweeter's room should have better acoustic and bass, but the VX-10 bass was not as tight as the T70PBM. The T70PBM can go down to 25Hz, but it only produced 82.2dB at this frequency. The T70PBM is nowhere close to the HSU or the SVS, but for the $ -- it's a good value.

Kevinkall

Second Unit
I would also go with the Sony WM-40. For the price I don't think that you could do any better, but if you want it to sound better there are some cheap/easy mods that will make it sound ALOT better. I have a WM-40 and have done just about every mod possible to it and I can't belive how good it sounds! Total I've spent about $10(on the mod supplies) and a few hours. For about $160 you can't beat it!!!

Chu

Auditioning
I just received the DLS 300-632 and I tell you what... it kicks butt for a $100 sub. I compared that to my polks that cost $300... and it's like night and day. I don't think there is anything better in the $100 range than the DLS.

Chu

Auditioning
I'm not sure what model number the polk is because it's about 5 years old. It has 8" driver with 100w power. I haven't tried DLS for music yet but for my HT application... it rocks! I mean the bass is clean... loud but not boomy and it actually shakes my living room... I can feel the bass which I wasn't able to with my polks. Overall, I'm very happy with this purchase for $99 and shipping. I doubt you can get a sub better than the DLS for under $200 ...maybe even $300 IMHO. It has all the functions of a more expensive sub like phase shift and crossover setting which my polk didn't even have. For a smaller room or budget conscience HT goers... this is it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks