What's new
World Wide Stereo

Good outdoor speakers? (1 Viewer)

BradleyS.

Stunt Coordinator
I'm currently building a pool in my backyard and I am starting to look for outdoor speakers. I'm a big klipsch fan so i was looking at the sa-1 or sa-2 models. What kind of distance projection could I expect from those models and how do they hold up? I'm also interested in the rockustics garden series speakers but I'm not sure about putting speakers out in the open. I will most likely mount the speakers under my porch and they will need to project out about 40 feet.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Kevin_Breeze

Second Unit
I just bought some JBL S36AWII's for $249 with free shipping for my father and he was blown away by how good they sound.

They are for his outdoor bar, pool area too and he couldnt be more happy.

I looked at some of the higher end rock speakers and thought they were a rip-off

BradleyS.

Stunt Coordinator
do the jbl's have a good sound range? Like I said my yard is pretty big and i want something that will sound good but no be too expensive.

Kevin_Breeze

Second Unit
For outdoor speakers, definitely!

Maximum Amplifier Power 150w
Nominal Impedance 8 Ohms
Sensitivity (0 VU) 90 dB
Frequency Response 60Hz - 20kHz (-3 dB)
Crossover Frequency 650Hz, 3000Hz
High Frequency Driver 1" Pure titanium dome with EOS waveguide
Mid Frequency Driver 4" PolyPlas cone
Low Frequency Driver 6" PolyPlas cone
Shielded Yes
Ported Sealed enclosure
Enclosure Acoustic suspension
Terminals All-metal, gold plated, 5-way binding posts
Built-in Amplifier No
Finish and Grille Color White, White (removable)
Dimensions (WxHxD) 14-5/8 x 10-1/4 x 5" (371 x 260 x 127mm)
Weight 11 lb (5 kg)
Specialties All Weather: Allows to be used in the outdoors
Multi-position: Allows you to position these mirror-image speakers either horizontally or vertically, wall-mounted or on a bookshelf

here is the link I bought them. best price I could find when you figure in the free shipping. Plus B&H photo is a reputable place

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...ist&sku=245279

I am not sure where you live, but I just bought a pair of Axiom M3ti's and used them for my outdoor patio. They are not an outdoor speaker so you would have to take them down in the winter. I have not had any problem with moisture, bugs etc. They excel over any other outdoor speaker as far as bass and sound and they are a great price compared to what some outdoor speakers cost. Just a thought.

www.axiomaudio.com

Simon Brooke

Stunt Coordinator
how about something from Boston, they have brought out some new speakers in their outdoor range. the voyager 2's are very good also, good bass response.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks