What's new

Good idea or bad idea? (1 Viewer)

Chuck Bogie

Second Unit
I've got fairly limited space in my apartment. I'm about half thinking of getting a pair of the DLS-10 subs, and then bolting my Infinity Entra Twos on top of 'em - wouldn't need to modify the Entras, and I doubt that a few bolts would ruin the subs - So, good idea, or bad idea?

chella

Stunt Coordinator
Wouldn't you loose the ability to move the subs around to get a better response?

Chuck Bogie

Second Unit
I'm only gonna have a couple of places where I can put 'em, and still have the two couches and the coffee table in the room - There's an entrance door, a closet, and the door to the rest of the apartment. If I play at moving the sub(s) around, that means playing with moving the furniture. And since one of the couches is a sofa bed...

Right now I've got one couch on the back wall, one on the side (front door on the other side), and the sub(s) would either have to be up front (in front of a closet door, actually), or at the TV-end of the side-wall couch, under an end table.

Chuck Bogie

Second Unit
Another question (and bumpage...).

Since the room is less than optimal for placing the sub(s), and I'm not going to be cranking the thing all that loud to start with, I'm primarily looking for a modest enhancement for LFE stuff.

I suspect that a single DLS-10 would sufficient - Room is fairly small, with too much furniture (hey, ain't gonna ask the buds to sit on the floor...).

I'm guessing that, even if I get less optimal SPL from placing a pair of subs at the front speaker locations, that having a pair of 'em will balance that out. Or am I likely to run into frequency response problems in doing this? With the design of the Entra Twos, all I'll need to do is drill holes in the subs.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Well I guess a guy could give it a try Chuck. It does sound like one would be enough though. You could try the duel up front on each side of the TV and then try other configurations and really see what you like best. If it is one sub then send the other back. PE shipping cost is fair, so it would not be very much of a loss. I have tried placing duel subs on each side of viewing and did not like it. But then I am looking for something different. You are looking for a modest enhancement so you might be very pleased. Here is a idea if it is a option and if your interested. Can you place the sub-subs at the end of each couch where they meet? My understanding is both couches come very close to meeting each other? Is my thinking clear on your layout?

Dan Hine

Screenwriter
I honestly don't think you'll have to actually bolt the Infinity speakers down. I would just set them on top if you choose to go that route.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Yes I think your right Dan. Put a mouse pad or something like in-between as a buffer. I would take the feet-pegs off the DLS though. Just a matter of a phillip's screw.

Chuck Bogie

Second Unit
Yeah, there's not a lot of room - the couches come together. Conversely, I suppose I could sit my big Infinity SM 120 surround speakers on top of 'em... I'm probably going to order a pair, and see how they work out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks