What's new
World Wide Stereo

Good Home Theater Showroom in NYC area? (1 Viewer)

StephenALT

Agent
Can anyone recommend a good HT store in Manhattan or Brooklyn, one that would give me a good demonstration of LCD TVs? I'm looking to buy my first one and I'd like to bring a stack of DVDs with me to test the waters, so a place that's especially friendly to the specific needs of a buyer is a plus.

Thanks!

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Not that many places in Manhattan, because space is so expensive, but try here:

Innovative Audio
Sound by Singer

Unfortunately the big Harvey showroom on W. 45th Street closed last year.

Someone may try to steer you to Lyric HiFi on the Upper East Side. Avoid at all costs. Their number one product is snob appeal. I have told the story many times of how I went in there to look at the first Lexicon DD processor after being referred by a Lexicon rep. Lyric was an official Lexicon dealer, and all they did was tell me how much better Proceed was than Lexicon. (Proceed is now out of business.) The Lexicon rep wasn't happy, Lyric got an angry phone call, and I've never spent a dime at Lyric in the 12 years since.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SJeans123
Recent bookmarks