What's new

good 42" TV under $2000 (1 Viewer)

kyleGR

Grip
One of my friends is looking to get a new tv, and is really not sure what to get as far as what type of tv. I have offered to help her out, but do not know much myself. Any good ideas?

thanks

Mort Corey

Supporting Actor
For the required size and budget you're probably looking at an EDTV plasma. In that realm, I'd pass on the budget, little known, brands and search for the best deal I could find on a Panasonic consumer unit. May end up costing a couple hundred more but when you're talking two grand, what's a little more at that point?

Mort

Jon_Gregory

Stunt Coordinator
I was just in my local Sam's club the other day and I saw a consumer 42" Panasonic Plasma for $2200.00. I didn't pay too much attention to it or get the model number, but I thought that was a pretty decent deal for the brand and size of the plasma tv.

Mitch G

Agent
The new 42" kdf-e42a10 HDTV LCD RPTV from Sony fits this budget.
"List price" is $1999, but I would expect the street price yo be closer to $1800.

I haven't looked at the new A10 sets yet (there's a 50" A10 also), but the buzz on the street is pretty darn good.

Mitch

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks