What's new

God, the Devil and Bob (1 Viewer)

Jaime_Weinman

Supporting Actor
This new article in Variety states that Carsey-Werner have licensed another show to Fox, apart from the upcoming "That '70s Show": their short-lived cartoon series "God, the Devil and Bob."

I never really cared for GTDAB, but I'd certainly like to see Fox have a crack at preparing and marketing "The Cosby Show" and "Roseanne."

CraigAllen

Agent
Wow, I never expected a dvd of God, the Devil and Bob. Not a great show, but not too bad either.
Now, if someone would release all 13 eps of Mission Hill on dvd I would be really happy.:emoji_thumbsup:

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
I remember this show. It had a cool concept. I love it that more Casey Werner shows are startiong to come out hopefully more will creep out really soon.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
If it will help get The Cosby Show out sooner, perhaps I'll buy That 70s Show...

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
God, the Devil and Bob was very funny. Too bad that NBC bowed to the preasure from the far right and cancelled the show after only 4 episodes. I never really understood what it was about this show that bothered some folks. After all, in the end Bob does the right thing in every episode. My guess is that some folks do not like idea of God being an animated charactor.

I am really looking forward to seeing the rest of the 13 episodes. I'm definetly buying this when it comes out.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
I'm happy for fans of 'God, the Devil and Bob', and I think it was underrated and sold short, but it KILLS me that this is coming out while Dr. Katz rots.

Jaime_Weinman

Supporting Actor
DVD Answers has the extras for this set (due January 4):

Impressed whistle. I didn't like this show enough to buy it; as I recall, my problem with it was the characterization of God: aside from the gimmick of having God look like Jerry Garcia and talk like James Garner, there wasn't much to His characterization except giving cryptic answers to Bob's questions -- they needed a God with more attitude, like on Joan of Arcadia. But that's one impressive lineup of extras for a 13-episode series. Fox is really going all-out to give Carsey/Werner shows the Treatment on DVD; hopefully this'll help them nab the rights to The Cosby Show and Roseanne.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks