What's new

Glengarry Glen Ross 2 disc specs announced (1 Viewer)

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
http://www.dvdfile.com/software/dvd-...002/09_06.html
At long last, Artisan has announced the full specs for the long-awaited special edition of David Mamet's Glengarry GlenRoss. This two-disc set features new anamorphic widescreen and pan & scan transfers, Dolby Digital and DTS 5.1 surround tracks, an audio commentary by director James Foley, The "Real-Estate Scams" documentary; a Jack Lemmon tribute featurette, cast and filmmaker interviews, stills, trailers, and more. Retail is $29.95, and street date 11/19.
great news about the release, although less happy about the decision to include P&S and great that the director shares his experience with an audio commentary

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
I saw the trailer for this DVD on some recent Artisan title. (Can't remember which...)

Cannot wait to get my hands on this DVD!

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Thank God!
I wonder if the old LD commentary was left behind or simply not mentioned in the spec sheet. Guess we'll see (Although with DTS, space will be at a premium).
BTW- If anyone reading this still have the original Laser with the original commentary, please drop me a line, I had a couple questions about the content of the track.
[email protected]
-Vince

JayDerek

Stunt Coordinator
As long as the widescreen version is on this set, why be upset that there's a pan-n-scan version?

~Jason

Marc_E

Supporting Actor
SWEET! I am really looking forward to this one. I may still pick up the LD for the Jack Lemon comm.
Marc

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
I'm guessing this will be similar to the Reservoir Dogs: SE, where the P&S version will be on the second disc?

A waste of a second disc in my opinion.

William DAnnucci

Stunt Coordinator
James Foley said in an interview years ago that he hated his Pioneer commentary and said he didn't know what he was doing then. I remember reading a review that said the commentary wasn't all that great, other than getting to hear Lemmon slurp his milkshake while watching the film. :rolleyes:
I went with the Pioneer CLV LD, which still looks great.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
You're both right, I think. IIRC, on the LD, there are two commentary tracks...one from Foley alone, and one from Lemmon alone.

I'm at work now, but I can check my copy when I get home.

Felix Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Felix E. Martinez
You're both right, I think. IIRC, on the LD, there are two commentary tracks...one from Foley alone, and one from Lemmon alone.
Yes, there were two solo commentaries on each analogue track of the LD (the digital tracks were the 2.0 PCM Dolby Surround).

I found both commentaries to be great and I will NOT let go of my LD. Also, my LD came with a softcover booklet of the actual playscript, which differs in some places from the film.

Cheers,
Felix

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Does this film *really* need a DTS track?

Other than that, this movie is so high on my want list that it's been completely hidden by cloud cover.

Let's hope Artisan doesn't produce the same transfer probs that "Reservoir Dogs" has.

Jeff Reis

Stunt Coordinator
Wow, can't believe they didn't get the Jack Lemmon commentary--really disappointing. I'm hanging onto the LD. Though the Lemmon commentary didn't have a whole lot of specific info about Glengarry, it was great listening to Jack reminisce about his whole career and just giving his general thoughts on acting. It's a real shame this track won't be available to the wider DVD audience, especially now that Jack is no longer with us.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
I'm also very disappointed the Lemmon commentary won't be included. I don't have lasterdisc so I've never heard it, but I love Lemmon's commentary on Mr. Roberts

BarryS

Second Unit
Drooooool...... Never owned this flick in any form. I'm really looking forward to this one especially with the 16:9 widescreen (only seen it full screen thus far) and the audio commentary. Pity that David Mamet is not a participant in the commentary though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks