What's new

Glee - Season 4 (1 Viewer)

Stan

Senior HTF Member
EricSchulz said:
Just a reminder...Glee is back tonight.
Thanks for the reminder. For some reason I thought it was on hold until January, glad it's back

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I thought it was the best episode of the season. I enjoyed every musical number, and my only negative was the excruciatingly tiresome Kitty whose every word, thought, and deed is steeped in such spite and negativity that I can't believe NO ONE is putting her in her place or at the very least laughing in her face to defuse her hateful talk. One Sue per show is enough for this kind of character, but I assume they're thinking is that she's taking Santana's place. Not working for me.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Originally Posted by EricSchulz /t/323734/glee-season-4#post_4007538
Entertaining episode, but the climax I predicted WEEKS ago...

Me, too, and I had no sympathy for Marley. If you're stupid enough to be led to believe you're gaining weight because you can't fit into school play costumes but your own clothes still fit fine and you've gained no noticeable weight on a scale or by looking at yourself in the mirror, you deserve what you get.

DaveHof

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Hofstede
No comments yet on what was one of the better episodes of the season ("Swan Song")? Having New Directions out of the Nationals chase already should break up the familiar patterns of previous seasons, and I'm curious where they'll go from here. In New York, Lea Michele's two songs were among the best musical moments on the show – just stunning vocals. The one scene that should have been included was Kitty being called out more than she was for the role she played in the club's downfall - yes, Marley was naive (ok, dumb) but Kitty should have received her comeuppance for her cruelty.
Next week's holiday show looks like fun.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Looking forward to this episode, along with the past few "Bones".
My local station that carries Fox, run by Northwest Broadcasting is at war with DISH, so once again, I lose a channel until things are settled.
Pretty annoying, everybody wants a bigger piece of the pie. But thankfully a lot of these shows are available online or other ways. Fox is one of the better networks, so "Glee" and "Bones" are easy to get to. In a way it's nice, because now I can put "Grey's Anatomy" on the DVR and catch "Glee" later on.
Maybe this is the future. Let the local carriers fade away as they become more obsolete. If I have to wait a few days before the episode becomes available, no problem.
Slightly off-topic, I apologize.
I'm still enjoying "Glee". Glad it's doing well since some of the older students have moved on, but they've done a great job at keeping them involved. Thought it might have destroyed some of the "magic" of this show, but the writers have kept it alive. Things look good for it being renewed for at least another season, if not more.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Originally Posted by DaveHof /t/323734/glee-season-4#post_4011205
No comments yet on what was one of the better episodes of the season ("Swan Song")? Having New Directions out of the Nationals chase already should break up the familiar patterns of previous seasons, and I'm curious where they'll go from here. In New York, Lea Michele's two songs were among the best musical moments on the show – just stunning vocals. The one scene that should have been included was Kitty being called out more than she was for the role she played in the club's downfall - yes, Marley was naive (ok, dumb) but Kitty should have received her comeuppance for her cruelty.

I could not agree more about no comeuppance for Kitty. This was a HUGE lapse on the writers' part, one of the glaring signature weaknesses of Glee over the past two seasons with the beefed-up writing staff. There is rarely follow-up or consequences that would go along with even basic series writing with multiple characters.

I did think Rachel's two Showcase performance numbers, particularly her first one, were her best songs thus far this season. I was pleased Kurt/Chris Colfer was allowed to use the lower register of his voice for "Being Alive" rather than singing it all above the staff. He's growing up and the timbre of his voice in this was proof positive of that.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Absolutely loved the first holiday episode...Glee does so much better when it just IS, not trying to force itself to be entertaining by singing the hits. And I am SO glad they are out of the running this season...looking forward to a slightly different direction for the last half of the season.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Originally Posted by EricSchulz /t/323734/glee-season-4#post_4011439
Absolutely loved the first holiday episode...Glee does so much better when it just IS, not trying to force itself to be entertaining by singing the hits. And I am SO glad they are out of the running this season...looking forward to a slightly different direction for the last half of the season.

I keep thinking someone is going to come up with an obscure caveat in the rule books saying a national champion gets an automatic berth at the next Regionals or something. If they don't, I'll have more respect that they DID indeed decide to do something different for the second half of the season.

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
I could not agree more about no comeuppance for Kitty. This was a HUGE lapse on the writers' part
Especially after Santana POINTED IT OUT TO THEM.
I might have missed a line, or something.
The New York scenes were wonderful. Who knew that Kate Hudson could dance like that? And the vocals from Kurt and especially Rachel were wonderful.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Originally Posted by MattH. /t/323734/glee-season-4#post_4011513
I keep thinking someone is going to come up with an obscure caveat in the rule books saying a national champion gets an automatic berth at the next Regionals or something. If they don't, I'll have more respect that they DID indeed decide to do something different for the second half of the season.
I was thinking that they would somehow disqualify the Warblers because their lead singer was found ineligible to sing so Nude Erections gets a second chance.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I thought last weeks episode was one of the better ones in a long time.
Terrific solos by Rachel, Another good solo by Kurt.
Some good humor from Sue and Brittany.
A good dance number.
In fact the only thing I didn't like was the direction. During the last several weeks (and possibly longer), there has been an unending camera movement during the songs. It is headache inducing and quite distracting. It doesn't matter if it is a dance number or a singing number, the camera just can't keep still. A dramatic swoop or zoom here and there adds to an effect. The constant whizzing around detracts (IMO).
Still, I hope this episode is a turn of direction from the past several lackluster weeks.
David

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Absolutely hate the Brittany/Sam pairing. Seems forced.
Kitty should pay. How is it Santana is the only one who called her out on what she did to Marley.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I don't know what they were trying to accomplish with Kitty and Marley, but they essentially broke both characters by making one unredeemably awful and the other a bulimic based on nothing but stupidity. Sure the costumes were getting tighter, but she didn't notice her regular clothes still fit or were getting baggy? How about that she wasn't gaining any weight? It just made no sense that she fell for Kitty's manipulations other than she is irretrievably stupid. Which is too bad because I really wanted to like her coming off of Homeland.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I thought that the episode was REALLY uneven and all over the place. Let's put a moratorium on Christmas episodes based on "It's A Wonderful Life" or "A Christmas Carol" please?

High points:
"The Hanakah Song"
LOVED Kurt's Christmas present! The relationship with his dad always gets me
The Mayan Calendar end-of-the-world (except the marriage)

Too many forced "heart-tuggers"
While I always love to see Sue's soft side, like her secret Santa gift, I hated the "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas" "let's-make-Sue-cry" scene.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Due to another DISH/local network battle, I'm just catching up on this. Although the situation isn't solved, I can get the last few episodes on-line, but didn't notice how fast Fox removes them.
Just a few questions if anybody can help since I didn't realize I was missing episodes and now they're no longer available.
What happened with Kurt and Blaine?
Rachel and Finn (he got kicked out of the Army?)
Schuster going to Washinton? For what?
What's the story with the new guy who played Zuko in the Grease episodes?
Why did Santana get the Rizzo role after Unique was cast? Nicely done with the way the three voices blended, but missed something in why Unique was dropped.
Miss a week or two, but it seems like I missed months. I know this is all availabe with a lot of web research, but would be really thankful if another fan could fill in the blanks.
And Kitty? What a witch. Queen bitch of the Cheerios. Not even that talented, let's hope she fades in the future. Both her and Puckerman's brother could easily be written out and not missed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks