What's new

Gilmore Girls - 1/28/03 (1 Viewer)

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Man, I felt bad for Luke when he went to Lorelai's house. Lorelai isn't blind. It is pretty obvious, based on her behaviour that she knows how Luke feels. Luke needs to stop being 'old faithful' and get on with his life. Hopefully the advice from Jess is finally starting to sink in a little bit. Taylor's lawyer might make a nice change of pace for Luke.

I was a little surprised to see Paris and Rory acting like a couple of brats, particularly in the Headmaster's office. Seemed kind of out of character for those two.

I didn't understand the last dialogue between Rory and Paris (outside the Headmaster's office.) Rory was trying to make up and Paris wasn't buying it?

- Walter.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Paris's neurotic insecurities have been exposed big time, and she just ain't getting over what she perceives to be a betrayal by Rory. Francie set Rory up but good.

I felt really bad for Dave and Lane ("You're not Korean" - that had to hurt.) I dislike Mrs. Kim for her inherent racism/discrimination.

Lorelai and Luke should end up together (because they riff off each other very well), but it's now becoming the standard TV writing ploy of keeping them artificially separated with other characters/dates to keep the audiences intrigued.

Trenton McNeil

Second Unit
Sure will be interesting if a TV writer out there figures out how to consummate a sexually tense TV relationship and then make the show BETTER for it.

Sure as hell ain't working for Friends...

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
This show's really lost the spark.

The creator even said that they'll probably keep Loralai and Luke apart until the ratings begin to drop, so they can boost them.

YAWN!

Also, it was very out of character for Rory and Paris, but with the recent 20 or so episodes of Gilmore Girls, characters have been doing many things out of character, just to get a laugh from the audience.

The show was about a quirky mother, and her slightly more serious daughter.

Now it's about a whole town that knows how to do witty remarks just as good as loralai, a childish mother, her whining daughter, and "let's see how many jokes we can cram in!"

Remember when it was about a mother/daughter who were like sisters?
Then it was about a mother/daughter who switched roles (rory being the adult, loralai acting childish)
Now it's about two whiny brats...hmmmm, if they get a few more, it'll be FRIENDS 2.

I'll continue through season 3, and the first couple of season 4, but if the show isn't improving. I'm leaving.

Where's the drama? It's gone.

Darren H

Second Unit
This is still my favorite show on TV -- the only one I watch every week -- but I pretty much agree with everything you've said, Robert. Gilmore Girls has such a rich cast of characters, but in developing so many of them, I think the writers are losing focus on Lorelai and Rory, which is a real shame.

John Chow

Second Unit
Anybody know where I can dload this episode? I forgot to set my VCR (yeah, i know i should get a pvr)

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Kazaa gets them a little after they've aired.

I missed "That'll Do Pig" and am currently watching it now. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks