What's new

Ghosts (US) (2021) - Season 1 (1 Viewer)

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I guess the way to bring Flower back is for her to be is locked in the vault where ghosts can’t pass through the walls. They can always say that is where she has been when she is ready to return from maternity leave. There could be another explanation for who actually got sucked off, if anyone. Don’t forget her suck off not only happened off screen, no one in the house including the ghosts, say they saw it.
We now know why Flower was inserted into the promos instead of filming with everyone else. She probably filmed her insert in LA rather than go to Montreal, where the series is filmed.

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I guess the way to bring Flower back is for her to be is locked in the vault where ghosts can’t pass through the walls.
Technically, I suppose they could do that. I really like Shelia Carrasco as Flower and I will miss her presence on the show. But I think walking this back would be a real cheat. When they decided to end the second season with that cliffhanger, they had to make it somebody that the audience will miss, or there are no stakes at all. I respect their decision to make it someone significant because the character will be missed.

I would have liked to see Flower getting sucked off from her perspective -- what happened at that precise moment in the mansion to make her get sucked off then -- so that we could have some closure with Flower. But not showing us that keeps us with Sam, who of course is the protagonist, and didn't get a chance to have closure wither. It was a really bittersweet premiere and I really felt that it worked emotionally.

Also, here's another interview with the showrunners at TV Insider: https://www.tvinsider.com/1122796/ghosts-season-3-premiere-flower-sucked-off-exit-explained/

KPmusmag

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kevin Parcher
The season 3 premiere seemed to me to have a different 'feel' (to use a nebulous term) than the previous two. We will see where this goes.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
The season 3 premiere seemed to me to have a different 'feel' (to use a nebulous term) than the previous two.
That's because the departure of a cast member we like was always going to be sad. But I liked it because I really thought they delivered on the cliffhanger in a beautiful way.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
They are doing a Halloween episode this season even though it obviously won't air near Halloween. They could bring back the person then but that would be repeating what happened last Halloween so I hope they do not do it. I could see them try to do it and then something else happens.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I don't expect the show to redo what they did before in the exact same way they previously did it. The writers are too smart for that. But this is obviously a show heavy with magic and fantasy elements in play. If there is a creative reason to bring the character back for a guest appearance, they'll find a way to make it happen. They could also be there for any future flashback scenes that may come up during the time before they were sucked off. But I don't think they should bring the character back on a permanent basis because that would undermine the impact of this storyline.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I don't expect the show to redo what they did before in the exact same way they previously did it. The writers are too smart for that. But this is obviously a show heavy with magic and fantasy elements in play. If there is a creative reason to bring the character back for a guest appearance, they'll find a way to make it happen. They could also be there for any future flashback scenes that may come up during the time before they were sucked off. But I don't think they should bring the character back on a permanent basis because that would undermine the impact of this storyline.
I would like to see a guest appearance where we actually see the events of the character being sucked off. I'm sure the writers can come up with a way to get that closure satisfyingly.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Preview for next episode seems to show Sas revealing his ghost power. This may have already been spoiled in the TV listing for next week's episode which says in part " Sam learns one of the ghosts has the power to enter the livings dreams and influence their decisions". We will see.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
we actually see the events of the character being sucked off.
When the cliffhanger first aired, I assumed the next episode would open exactly the way you're suggesting. But now, having seen how the premiere was executed, I think not giving us that closure was part of the point.

You don't always get to choose when people leave your life, and often don't get to have that kind of closure. What the show did last night was to begin the process of how the house starts to move on in lack of that closure.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
These writers are inspired and are not getting their due from industry honors. I hope the strike at least upped their salaries so they're making what they deserve. I look forward to this show more than any other on network television.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
The season opener was a fun one with the reveal of who was sucked off reverberate throughout. EW has an article talking about the decision and more.
In spoilers because even though the title doesn't reveal anything, the URL does.
I'm not happy with this plot event. While I applaud modern-ish shows making big moves in killing off significant characters for the dramatic storytelling that involves: Ghosts is comfort food, it's happy watching, and I don't want to lose characters for big drama. This is like killing off major characters in Schitt's Creek or Big Bang Theory or Parks and Rec. It seems too much and too early in the show for this kind of pivot.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Waiting for Season 3, we watched the available two seasons of British Ghosts. That was really weird at first, but especially towards the end of its first season, I was really enjoying it. Now shifting back to US Ghosts, that feels really weird in contrast. :laugh:

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Clips from tomorrow's episode

CBS removed the clips so I removed the links.

Last edited:

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
As I guessed, Flower wasn't sucked off in the first episode. I was wrong when I thought she was locked in the vault. She actually fell into a well. She can't get out for some reason. In other news Pete's wife Carol chocked to death on a donut hole, she doesn't like donuts, and is now a ghost at the B&B. I assume she will soon resolve things with Pete and get sucked off as I don't think she is to be a new featured player. We don't know who got sucked off yet in last season's cliffhanger.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
As I guessed, Flower wasn't sucked off in the first episode. I was wrong when I thought she was locked in the vault. She actually fell into a well. She can't get out for some reason. In other news Pete's wife Carol chocked to death on a donut hole, she doesn't like donuts, and is now a ghost at the B&B. I assume she will soon resolve things with Pete and get sucked off as I don't think she is to be a new featured player. We don't know who got sucked off yet in last season's cliffhanger.
Yep, surprising developments in the latest episode. One of the things I truly love about this show is you NEVER know where it's going.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Just watched the episode and the Collider interview above.
it just goes to show you not to believe anything in interviews until way after the fact. They get good acting credit for just rolling along with the false assumption that Flower was sucked off. So, we now don't know who got sucked off and we don't know why Flower is stuck in the well or how she can get out. Carol's question about ghosts being able to pass through wall, but can sit on furniture seems very relevant now. Looking forward to seeing how this continues.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks