What's new

Netflix The Crown: Season Five (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
No offense to our British members. Personally, I never gave a crap about the Royal Family outside of having a lot of sympathy for Diana's death.

However, all of that changed as I began watching THE CROWN, one of the finest series that Netflix has to offer. I feel that over the past four seasons, I have gained such an understanding for what might perhaps be the most famous and fascinating dysfunctional family.

Season Five is another pivotal point in the series as once again we have to come to terms with a new cast.

I have some personal issues with the casting. As much as I love Dominic West, he looks nothing like Charles and it's very hard to accept him in the role. It also took several episodes to get used to Elizabeth Debicki in the role of Princess Diana. I don't think she looks nearly as much like Diana as the actress she replaced (Emma Corrin). However, by the time you get to the end of the third episode of this new season, I promise you will be in love with this actress.

I have only gotten through the first three episodes, but the third is a pivitol one. There is a first-meet conversation at the end between Diana and Mohamad Al-Fayed that really makes your heart sink and puts a smile on your face. It's utterly charming and revealing as to how both these individuals feel about their role in "the system."

As always, THE CROWN continues to be triumphant in production quality and acting performances.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
My experience with the royal family is the same as Ron's. I never had any hostility toward them, I just thought the concept of the monarchy was a relic. But the Crown really ties them into the history of the United Kingdom (and the world, really) and the show is a fascinating look. The best episodes have been the ones that show the massive differences between the common folks and the royal family.
I haven't had a chance to start season 5 yet but I hope to soon. I like both Dominick West and Elizabeth Debicki, so I am looking forward to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks