What's new

Ghosting? (1 Viewer)

Dan Long

Auditioning
Noticing a ghosting problem on my new projection set. It's really evident on cartoon stuff like the Simpsons, less evident on other shows. Not a problem on true cable channels like hbo, etc.

My setup is wired pretty simply- cable from the wall into the cable box, s video out of the cable box into the TV. Running cable from the box to TV instead of S vid does not help. I didn't have this problem on our old 27" set, that I could tell, maybe its just more noticable on a big screen.

Any experience with this and suggestions on how to resolve it?

thanks,

Dan

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Ghosts can be caused by several things. Do you by any chance have some coax splitters in your house with some of the outputs un-attached? If so, go to Radio Shack and buy some of the Termination resistors. These things screw onto un-used outputs to prevent reflections.

Dan Long

Auditioning
Good suggestion- I'll check it out. We only have 1 splitter, in the basement where the line comes in. It was all replaced when we got digtal cable, from the pole into the house, including the splitter and all the lines going to the rooms. I think it's full but I'm not sure.

Thanks

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks