What's new

Ghostbusters tv show dvd? (1 Viewer)

jacob w k

Stunt Coordinator
With every new show being released on it seems being released on dvd now has anyone heard of the old Ghostbusters cartoon being released on dvd. I would love to see those old shows and relive my childhood somewhat.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I'd probably buy it myself...it was a favorite on Saturday mornings when I was a kid.

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor
I'd probably buy The Real Ghostbusters on DVD (I watch this show during the 1980's) but only if released on DVD in season-by-season format.

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
I'd buy all of The Real Ghostbusters episodes on DVD, with no hesitation at all. Funny this thread pop up today, since this week I've been re-acquainting myself with episodes of the show, and I'm remembering how excellent it was. Many of the episodes were wonderfully written, and with pretty clever writing for a youth-oriented program. It's terrific, even watching them now. While it's a lot different from the movie, it's outstanding on its own, and one of my favorite cartoons from when I was younger. I'd love for Columbia/TriStar to release some DVDs, I'm sure these would sell better than many of the other animated shows of the 80s which have come to DVD.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
The only episode which really sticks out with me is the one with the boogie man who moves in between childrens' bedrooms through their closets. I remember watching The Real Ghostbusters religiously every Saturday morning until Peter's voice changed and Slimer became a prominent Ghostbuster. I sorta lost interest then, but I'd love to see them all again.

Anthony Liz

Stunt Coordinator
I'd probably buy The Real Ghostbusters on DVD (I watch this show during the 1980's) but only if released on DVD in season-by-season format.
I agree, but Season 2 might be one expensive set. Season 2 contained over 60 episodes, while the rest of the seasons contained anywhere from 10 to 20 episodes. Still, can't wait till the day I see this on my DVD shelf.

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
Yes, Season 2 was long - 65 episodes! Nearly half of the entire show aired that fall, when it was running daily.
Here's an episode guide: http://epguides.com/RealGhostbusters/
There were 140 episodes altogether, and while season sets might not be very convenient (Season 7 has 4 episodes, Season 4 has just 8)...they could just put together 4 box sets of 4 discs each, chronologically, and I'd be thrilled. :) :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks