What's new

Ghost Recon The Beginning.....Clan Roster Call! (1 Viewer)

Calvin Watts III

Supporting Actor
I've been reading what has been going on.
And I feel that I need to comment on it.
By my definition- a videogame clan is for a group of people who want to get together,learn to work as a team, go & take on other people (clans) who feel the same way as you...
Kick some ass - & most of all,have fun while doing it :D
But...
You just don't say you are going to get together & do it. There is a lot of work involved in doing it.(Believe me,I know,& I have the proof) Things such as when people can play - what they are good at, what they think, and suggestions - I could go on, but you should get the point.
Michael, if you think the HTF SOCOM Clan was serious, then I would suggest to you that not only that you go & take a look at the SOCOM thread, but you do some research into other clans.
I know of many clans that hold tryouts to see if you are good enough to join them. Also, if you miss a practice, then you are gone. Boom. Poof. Finis.
If you go & look at the other posts - you can see that nowhere did it say that this clan would be just for beta testers.
Or ex-SOCOM members only.
Or anyone under 17.
Or monkeys, for that matter.
Anyone who was interested could sign up. And there are many people who I haven't played with before that I am looking forward to playing with.
As for the 30 member limit - I did agree to that. Why, you ask? Because with the SOCOM clan, we went up to as far as 39 official members.
But. many of those people only wanted to play at their leisure.
In another words, they were casual gamers. Which is fine.
There are many good HTF members who they can play with when they are able to get on.
But, there were other clan members who wanted to take the next step. To see how good we were - by taking on other clans, & entering into official tournaments.
Which,if we hadn't been playing & practicing as a team, we would have been out of a long time ago.
Now...
I don't feel like quoting, but I'm going to address a few things that Michael has brought up.
At the moment, this is currently the
ONLY "official" HTF Ghost Recon clan.
It does not say anywhere that this would have to be the Only "official" clan for Ghost Recon.
If there are more people interested, & want to start their own "official" clan, then go right ahead.
For example, if there were enough people interested in forming another clan - my clan could be HTF GR Alpha clan,while the other one could be called HTF GR Beta clan.
Something like that.
Now...since I am the appointed leader - I can lift the 30 member limit, & if there are more people who want to play, then great! I don't have a problem with that. So, for the time being,consider it lifted.
But...
This clan - My clan - is a serious one.
I am all about having fun. That is the main reason for us playing as a team. But, I warn everyone now - that one of the goals of this clan is to play & work as a team so that we can get good enough to take other clans on.
If you are only going to play every once in a while, & be a casual gamer, then I would ask you to take yourself out of the clan. Everyone will be given enough time to see if this is something you want to do.
Also, even if you don't want to be in this clan, you will be more than welcome to play with us when you are Live. The only exceptions to this will be official clan practices & meets.
Okay...I am going to finish this with a quote:
I'm not going to sit here & brag,or toot my own horn.
But anyone who knows me, knows the time & effort that I put into the SOCOM clan. (and I must have done something right,otherwise I wouldn't have been asked to lead another one.)
Dan made the SOCOM clan thread a sticky after I, as the clan leader, asked him to. One of my goals while we have been playing against others around the world is to promote the Home Theatre Forum. How?
  • By showing respect to others we play with, or against
  • By talking about this wonderful site we know & love.
  • By having fun while doing this!
If someone (either a clan member, or anyone else,for that matter) doesn't think we should be called the HTF Ghost Recon clan - well, that is their opinion,& they are entitled to it.
I don't happen to have that opinion. I'll state again that my intentions are good ones, & if either one of the moderators, and/or either Ron or Parker, as owners of this site, asks us not to use the HTF in our clan name, then I will abide by their wishes. Otherwise, the name stays.
I had lots of help running the SOCOM clan. Those HTF members know who they are, & they know they have my profound gratitude. I have people helping me get this off the ground, & if I ever lead another videogame clan, that will be the same way I'll do things.
But, there can only be one leader. Someone has to be responsible to set things up, to talk to other leaders to play against, to keep things straight & organized.
I welcome all input,comments & suggestions.
I try to always do what's best for my clan.
But, I am the leader.
I have the final say.
And that is how it is going to be :)
Welcome to the HTF XBox Ghost Recon Clan!
PS: I'll be getting (with Romier's help) everyone's email address,so we can get this thing off the ground. So look for it!

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
I played in a QuakeWorld/Quake2/Quake3/Unreal clan for 4 years.
We had a lot of fun, and we were damned good to boot.
So, I think I know what a clan can be about. :)
On the other hand, I may not know what your clan is about. And I don't think it should be called HTF, and probably never will. But I'm interested in giving it a try, and would certainly hope it would be fun. :)

Calvin Watts III

Supporting Actor
Michael -
There is nothing better than having fun with a bunch of friends that you know you can count on, not having to act like a kid, and still being able to kick ass!
I hope that you do have fun!
Seeya soon...

Ryan Peter

Screenwriter
Michael, my name suggestion was just that, a suggestion. Calvin is the clan leader and has right to name the clan what he wants. Please don't try and twist my posts and use it against our clan, thanks! :)

Vince Bellino

Auditioning
If there is room or becomes room I'd like to play along side you folks. I had the pleasure of playing against you guys in SOCOM as I am also part of the DVD Talk Clan ([DVD] ICEMAN) and had a ball doing so.
My Live gamertag is: i c e m a n
Email: [email protected]
Thanks.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
I'm not very good at the game yet, but I'm a fairly quick learner. If you need more bodies for a clan, count me in as well.

GamerTag: GoreHound

ruhrie

Agent
Hey Guys,

I just bought the game today, hopefully I will be seeing you all online sometime. Count me in on the clan if there is any room left. I also got Mechassault and lovin it! Gamertag - jedi19

Rich

David Glenn

Second Unit
WOW, I had no idea how fun GR was!!!! I should've picked this up sooner.

It was a Clancy night for me. I picked up both GR and SC tonight. I jumped right in and went Live with GR and had a blast in solo mode. Surprisingly, I did really well for playing it for the first time.

As for SC, I'm just getting through the training level.

Between MA, GC, SC and UT, I've had no time to catch up on my DVD viewing.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Yes I just picked this up as well so I'd be interested in Playing but I'm an Uber-Newbie at the Game.

BTW I've got a stack of DVD's to be watched...Damn XBOX !

Mike Pattee

Second Unit
I've got some questions about the clan. I'm assuming it will be team vs team not co-op. Can you do objectives in team vs team or is it just deathmatch? I'm not sure how interested I am in deathmatch. I think I'd rather play unreal for that. But please let me know if I'm judging it unfairly.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Can you do objectives in team vs team or is it just deathmatch? I'm not sure how interested I am in deathmatch. I think I'd rather play unreal for that. But please let me know if I'm judging it unfairly.
We do it all when we play Mike. Depends on the number of players we have on. We play Co-op, Deathmatch, Hamburger Hill. Variety is good:).

Mike Pattee

Second Unit
When do you normally play Romier? I added you to my friends list but you haven't accepted yet. I'd like to play a few games with you guys before I decide ghost recons fate ;p although its fairing better than mechassault so far. So I'd like to play a few games with you guys on that also just to see if I suck or if i'm not understanding something.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
When do you normally play Romier? I added you to my friends list but you haven't accepted yet.
I havent been on for a week or so Mike. I was on for like 2 weeks straight from beta and on but with the flood of single player games coming my way right now I decided to give Live a good rest for a bit. Ill back on Thursday night this week. Ill accept your friend invite then:).

JoseEduardo

Second Unit
I just got Ghost Recon and I love it!! Please sign me up for he clan if thee is room left! My gamertag is: perUano

Scott_W

Stunt Coordinator
What's the current status? If there is a waiting list, I'd love to be added: 'ScottW' online.

If there is a substantial waiting list though, I may pass for now, and spend more time playing NFL2k3 and MechAssault. Ghost Recon seems to be considerably more fun with a good group of people, and a bit more frustrating without.

Thanks.

Mike Pattee

Second Unit
Please take me off the list for the clan. I've currently returned the game to EB. Debating returning MA too. I'm discovering I might be a sports only online player. Too much waiting and both GR and MA are so sub par in the online department for friends lists and getting games going. Can definately tell online play was an afterthought.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Oh boy.

Its been a crazy week. Im getting the spreadsheet done and getting it to Calvin by next Monday. I'll let him as the clan leader make any annoucnements. Personally I want to apologize since Ive been lacking on Xbox Live time lately. There have just been WAY too many single player games released that I've been enthralled by. I should be on more next week.

Until then be patient and well get some clan meets setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks