What's new

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (DVD problems) (1 Viewer)

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Someone is not passing their QC inspections. So far, there have been problems with the DVDs.

Volume 1: CD soundtrack's song and track list incorrect (Bandai is doing exchanges; procedures sent to customers via e-mail); DTS soundtrack problem in rear channels (no fix yet).

Volume 2: Some people received DTS disc in the Dolby Digital-only edition; some Special Edition discs have switched artwork (e.g., The DD disc is labeled as DTS). Bandai is doing exchanges for both problems but no e-mail was sent; I just happened to find this on their site.

http://www.bandai-ent.com/news/news.cfm?id=86 (for exchange procedures for Volume 2)

I really hope that whoever is responsible for these errors really get on the ball for the remaining five volumes.

Thread for general GitS:SAC DVD discussion:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...hreadid=217164

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex is a television show (in Japan and here on Adult Swim) so I wanted to post in the correct forum. So if that thread is moved to this forum, then these two threads can be merged.

Christopher_P

Stunt Coordinator
Ugh I hate to see what they are going to do to vol 3 not to mention the fact that the SE extra for vol3 is just a T shirt. This is sad they really need to allow people to phone in and have new discs sent out along with a letter of apology. The vol2 switch wouldn't have been so bad if vol1 had of not been so screwed up.

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Just as a reference for everyone else: I sent in all three discs the weekend of October 8 and have not heard nor received the replacement discs yet. So if you're expecting a quick exchange time, it's not going to happen ... yet. I'm not sure if they even have the Vol. 1 DTS discs yet and I don't know if they even received my discs (they better have not gotten lost or stolen). But at least they'll refund your shipping costs (but not the cost of the package you send them in).

The exchange time for the CD in Vol. 1 was really fast. I got the replacement before I could even *think* about whether or not they received my disc. They probably had the new discs ready to ship. This time with the DVDs, I'm not sure if they had them ready.

Bandai is usually good about responding to e-mails but this time (for the DVDs) they haven't replied but that might be a good thing if they're really busy trying to get the replacements out.

Yes, I agree that I hope their QC for the remaining volumes are A+. A T-shirt, eh? They didn't even ask for my size! :)

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
I received my replacement disc for Vol. 1's DTS disc today. I have not received my Vol. 2 discs or the postage refund yet.

BTW, has anyone received their Vol. 2 replacements yet?

THANK YOU, Bandai! Let's check the remaining volumes before shipping out, please? That's what happens when you set ALL release dates this far in advance: QC rushes to get these out to meet street date and ends up with errors.

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Has anyone received their replacement discs for Vol. 2? I had the switched artwork but I sent them in (along with my Vol. 1 DTS disc) around mid-October but I only got the Vol. 1 disc back. The weird thing is that Bandai's instructions stated that Vol. 2 replacements would be "immediate." I hate to keep inundating Bandai with e-mail since they're working hard to fix this problem. They've already been so gracious answering e-mails.

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
I got word on Nov. 10 that my Vol. 2 replacement discs have been delayed due to Bandai "moving vendors" (whatever that means). It should take a few weeks or so for them to start sending out replacement discs.

Update 12/8/04: Bandai told me that they received their shipments of Vol. 2 discs and should be sent out within the next few weeks.

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
I finally received my corrected art Vol. 2 discs in the mail today. I just hope they aren't defective now!

Christopher_P

Stunt Coordinator
I sent vol 1 and 2 ( a long with the soundtrack that was messedup ) On Oct. 29th haven't heard anything since. No discs no email :frowning: I hate to see what they are going to do with the 4th disc.

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
E-mail them. They are good about responding (even though it might take awhile). Give them your name and address and ask them if they received your discs and/or shipped the replacements back out.

www.bandai-ent.com

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks