What's new

DTS problems with Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (1 Viewer)

CaseyL

Supporting Actor
Did anyone else have problems with the DTS disc skipping, de-pixelating or freezing up on the Ghost in the Shell:Stand Alone Complex #1 release? I noticed a couple but the one I documented was on Episode 4: Title 10, Chapter 2 at 00:10:02. It froze right up. I tested this on several other players including a Denon DVD 2200, PS2, and TDK PC-DVD burner. All had the same problem, so I assume it's the disc. There was not a problem playing the same part on the dolby digital disc. I want to know if anyone else had this problem or if this is an isolated incident. I will contact the company about this, I just want more information. Thanks!

For general knowledge: The DTS disc was available only if you bought the Deluxe special edition which came with a DD disc and a DTS disc as well as the OST! Worth the money, BTW.

Eric Meske

Stunt Coordinator
I got this yesterday, but I have only watched the first episode with no problems. I'll look for any problems on ep 4.

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
I have a Panasonic RP56 and it does not freeze or pixelate at that point on all three audio tracks on Disc 2.

But it does have the left-rear channel audio problem as described below.

CaseyL

Supporting Actor
I wrote to the companys (Manga Ent. & Bandai Ent.) concerning this and I got two contradictory e-mails at the same time 8:46am this morning:

1)
Dear Customer,
We are sorry to hear that you have encountered problems with the DVD. We can replace the disc if those who you bought it from won't. We aren't aware of any freezing problems or anything like that. You are the first. We are though getting complaints about the soundtrack not be separated. We are getting that cleared up as we speak. Please reply back and tell us what action you would like to take.
Regards, [email protected]

2)
Dear Customer,
We are sorry to hear that you are encountering problems with the DVD. We are aware of the glitch in the DTS and trying to figure out what is causing it so we can officially declare it as an error. We will notify you with a solution once we have fully comprehended the situation. We thank you for your patience and cooperation.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
That's because Bandai has some of the BEST customer service EVER and they will send you a new disc, no questions asked to keep you a happy customer and Manga Entertainment is a joke of a company ;)

CaseyL

Supporting Actor
The real problem with these emails are:

Bandai seems to be very helpful, and I believe that they will make it right.

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Bandai has sent me (and everyone else who emailed them I assume) a message that the "defective" CDs in the Limited Edition sets are being accepted for replacement.

While they are not accepting the DTS discs right now, they mentioned that they are working on it so that we may be able to do another exchange later.

Thanks, Bandai, for offering this exchange. That's good customer service.

Now, I only wish we didn't have to buy the Limited Edition just to get DTS... Volumes 2 and 3 will be like this.

This thread should be in the TV on DVD forum since Stand Alone Complex is a television show.

CaseyL

Supporting Actor
I recieved this email today:

I am happy to announce that the replacements for the Ghost in the Shell Soundtrack are now available. The replacements will be done on a first come first serve basis. Please fill out the form below and mail in your soundtrack. Please understand that there may be a high demand for the replacements and allow some time for the replacement to arrive. Also note that this is NOT for the replacement of the DTS disc. Please send in only the soundtrack (just the CD is fine). We are currently in the process of having replacements for the DTS. We have no RFM numbers assigned for the sake of speeding up the replacement process. Thank you all for your patience and understanding of the situation. We hope to get these replacements to you as fast as possible.

================================================== ==========
Dear Customer,

We are sorry to hear that you have encountered a problem with your Bandai Entertainment purchase. Please return the defective disc only and not the DVD case or any packaging via U.S. Postal Service or Canada Post only to:

Bandai Entertainment, Inc.
Attn: Customer Service
Ghost in the Shell Soundtrack Replacement
5551 Katella Ave.
Cypress, CA 90630

Please also make sure to print this e-mail, fill in the information requested at the bottom of the page and include a copy of it along with your return for a replacement or full refund. If you are unable to print a copy of this e-mail, please make sure to include your four digit RFM# listed at the top of this e-mail as well as all of the information requested below.

Returns will not be accepted from locations outside of the United States and Canada.

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused and we look forward to sending you your replacement or refund as soon as possible.

Best Regards,

[email protected]

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

(RFM# )

* Replacements and refunds will NOT be sent to addresses outside of the United States and Canada.

Full Name: ______________________________________

Address* : ______________________________________

Telephone #:_(_______)____________-_________________

Name of product(s) returned:_________________________________________ ______________________

Please specify one:

Replacement ________ Refund**___________

** A receipt is required for a refund

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
Manga did send me Vol. 2 to review, and I ended up with the DTS disc (in the Dolby Digital case with the wrong label on a DTS disc). I have been holding off ona review for my site because I was hoping to be sent the correct disc.

Matt Czyz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matt Czyz
from animeondvd:

Tracks 8 and 9 have "run together" somehow and become an 8:31 long track 8, with everything afterward being one track number lower than they should be.

08 - velveteen contains track 09 - Lithium Flower as well
09 is Home stay
10 is Inner Univers
11 is first 2:14 of Fish - Silent Cruise
12 is rest of Fish - Silent Cruise

Eric Meske

Stunt Coordinator

I bought the 2-Disc SE, and my discs were switched as well. The DTS version was labeled DD, and vice versa.

CaseyL

Supporting Actor
Same again, I got V.2 And The DD and DTS are switched. Same as everyone else. Does everything that Manga touches get screwed up?

Matt Czyz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matt Czyz
I bought the single disc version and it had the correct audio (DD 5.1). From what I've read online, Best Buy was really good at re-stocking the correct versions.

CaseyL

Supporting Actor
Got this this weekend:

Dear Customers,

Recently Bandai has officially announced the replacement program for Ghost in the Shell Vol. 2. Please check the website for more details at www.bandai-ent.com . However, there have been numerous questions about the form and I wish to address them. The form was not set up by my department therefore there are a few things I would like to ask the customers to do in order to speed up the process. One, the form states to send all packaging. PLEASE don’t do this. This is a hassle for both of us. Second, it states you need a receipt for postage. This is not necessary because postage will be marked on the package anyways, and is also logged.

Regarding Vol. 1 DTS replacements and Soundtrack –

The replacements for Vol. 1 DTS are due to arrive soon (around the time Vol. 2 replacements arrive). Therefore, we will start accepting returns for Vol. 1 DTS. Please use the form below. The OST replacements will continue.

Multiple –

If you have multiple products consisting of the three products, please send them with one replacement form. It will also help to label the product on the front of the envelope along with the mailing address.

Thank you all for your patience and cooperation. We hope to deliver all replacements as quick as possible.

Regards, Toshi Arai [email protected]

Dear Customer,

We are sorry to hear that you have encountered a problem with your Bandai Entertainment purchase. Please return the defective disc only and not the DVD case or any packaging via U.S. Postal Service to:

Bandai Entertainment, Inc.

Attn: Customer Service

Ghost in the Shell ( )

5551 Katella Ave.

Cypress, CA 90630

Please also make sure to print this e-mail, fill in the information requested at the bottom of the page and include a copy of it along with your return for a replacement.

Returns will not be accepted from locations outside of the United States.

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused and we look forward to sending you your replacement or refund as soon as possible.

Best Regards,

[email protected]

* Replacements and refunds will NOT be sent to addresses outside of the United States.

Full Name: ______________________________________

Address* : ______________________________________

Telephone #:_(_______)____________-_________________

Name of product(s) returned:_________________________________________ ______________________

CaseyL

Supporting Actor
How has the reception of corrected discs gone? I sent mine off some time ago, and have not yet recieved replacements, for either V.1 and V.2. I did however get the soundtrack...and fast too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks