What's new

MADHOUSE (1974) - Kino Lorber BD audio problem (1 Viewer)

aPhil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Phil Smoot
Peter Apruzzese said:
I watched it last night and while there are a couple of moments in the opening 5-10 minutes where the sync is sloppy, it looks like it was a typical (cheap) Amicus/AIP production where half the dialogue was post-synced and at least one or two of the actors are re-voiced. If not mentioned by other viewers, I wouldn't have thought twice about it. Whether it's "always been that way" or not, I can't say as I don't have the DVD to compare it to.
Peter,

While Amicus was not A list by a long shot, I never had the feeling of cheap or that the post-sync was sloppy. Seeing these films again decades after their original theatrical release, I found they tend to age well and continue to entertain.

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
bob kaplan
Watched the beginning of the DVD for the Price box set as well and Kino's blu....and there is a noticeable audio sync issue....and....the sound is hollow..sounds like it coming out of an empty room or something and continues through out the film. Hope that there is a correction. I love these old features!!.....glad i am not alone.

my two cents.

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
DISC REPLACEMENT: MADHOUSE (BLU-RAY)

After reviewing our MADHOUSE Blu-ray discs, we found that some scenes had minor sync issues as reported. Due to problems of irregular sound synchronization, Kino Lorber will re-author and will send replacement discs of the FIXED version to those who’ve purchased the Blu-ray of MADHOUSE.

Please click on the MADHOUSE EXCHANGE PROGRAM link below and fill out the form. Replacements are currently in production; we will send you an email when we’re ready to ship replacement copies which should be no later than September 1, 2015. Be sure to hold on to your original packaging, replacement discs will not include packaging.

Kino Lorber apologizes for any inconvenience that the manufacturing error has caused, and thanks you for your continued support.

http://eepurl.com/buJ7tP

Note: This disc replacement applies ONLY to the Kino Lorber Studio Classics release (2015), and does not apply to copies of MADHOUSE released on any other label. Disc replacement is only available in U.S.A. and Canada.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-07-30 at 6.27.27 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-07-30 at 6.27.27 PM.png
    725.3 KB · Views: 35

youworkmen

Supporting Actor
Real Name
david
I'm in the UK so I wonder how long I'll have to delay my purchase to ensure I get a corrected one from Amazon

Real Name
Anthony
MisterLime said:
The replacement discs for MADHOUSE will be mailed this week.

Unless you live outside the US. Unlike Criterion and pretty much every other company, Kino won't replace defective products for their international customers.

Will*B

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Will
I just wanted to report that I've just received the replacement disc.

Having scanned through many scenes throughout the film, I'm extremely pleased to report that the audio is now perfectly in-sync.

I'd really like to thank Kino Lorber for sorting this problem out so quickly, and with a minimum of fuss. This is now a wonderful release of my all-time favourite Vincent Price film.

aPhil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Phil Smoot
I watched my replacement disc of "Madhouse" a couple days after it arrived:

No audio sync problem and the color/lighting is beautiful. I enjoyed the movie more than I did upon its original theatrical release.

The film has aged well.

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
If you were to buy the Blu ray of Madhouse now , is there a way to tell if it's the corrected version ? I see a local store is carrying Madhouse . The package seems to have no mention of it being the fixed version . I thought i read somewhere that the corrected version has a sticker on the cover . Is that the case ?

bgart13

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ben
I was finally able to get MADHOUSE from Amazon, after waiting 4 weeks and not hearing a peep. We found a second listing, my order was for the original run. The new replacement is named MADHOUSE (Redux) on the security sticker. The new listing has a very recent date too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks