Getting DirecTV--where to go?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Peter McM, Jan 6, 2002.

1. Peter McM

Peter McM Supporting Actor

Peter
    I'm about to make my switch from cable to DSS--namely, DirecTV with the six month free Showtime offer. But who is offering the best equipment/price?

Radio Shack is offering free two-room w/ installation after all applicable rebates. They use RCA brand.

Circuit City's price, however, is $99.99 after rebates. But what brand equipment do they offer, and is it better and therefore worth the cost?

Any place else I should be considering?

2. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    Check out the DirecTV section at Tivo Community. There are threads listing free DirecTivos with I think free installation. I switched from Dish to a Hughes DirecTivo about a month ago and they are GREAT. I haven't missed any of my favorite shows even when they switch to a different day.
    -Robert

3. RichardK

RichardK Second Unit

at circuit city end of december i received the SONY SAT B65 package. it was two receivers and two dishes! i still have one receiver and two dishes unopened because i already owned and hd receiver and 24" oval dish...

cost to me was same 99.99. Offer provides for $50 rebate to make equipment or install free.

4. MannyE

MannyE Stunt Coordinator

Go here:
    https://www.getconnected.com
    Hughes DirecTiVo for free.... that's much better than CC or BB..most CC and BBs are sold out of the TiVo stuff so this is a great way to get hooked up....if you can stand the non-instant gratification[​IMG]
    If you don't want TiVo, they have great deals on the stand-alone receivers too...I think there's a free one in there as well. Check it out.