What's new

Getting DirecTV--where to go? (1 Viewer)

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
I'm about to make my switch from cable to DSS--namely, DirecTV with the six month free Showtime offer. But who is offering the best equipment/price?

Radio Shack is offering free two-room w/ installation after all applicable rebates. They use RCA brand.

Circuit City's price, however, is $99.99 after rebates. But what brand equipment do they offer, and is it better and therefore worth the cost?

Any place else I should be considering?

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Check out the DirecTV section at Tivo Community. There are threads listing free DirecTivos with I think free installation. I switched from Dish to a Hughes DirecTivo about a month ago and they are GREAT. I haven't missed any of my favorite shows even when they switch to a different day.
-Robert

RichardK

Second Unit
at circuit city end of december i received the SONY SAT B65 package. it was two receivers and two dishes! i still have one receiver and two dishes unopened because i already owned and hd receiver and 24" oval dish...

cost to me was same 99.99. Offer provides for $50 rebate to make equipment or install free.

MannyE

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Manny Elgarresta
Go here:
Link Removed
Hughes DirecTiVo for free.... that's much better than CC or BB..most CC and BBs are sold out of the TiVo stuff so this is a great way to get hooked up....if you can stand the non-instant gratification;)
If you don't want TiVo, they have great deals on the stand-alone receivers too...I think there's a free one in there as well. Check it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks