What's new

Get together at my place!!!!! (1 Viewer)

RogerDW

Auditioning
Hi gang,
My name is Roger Watson and I have had the pleasure of coming to a couple of meetings in the past. I am having Philip Bamberg of BESL speakers visit me and bring me some potential new speakers. What I have decided to do is have an open house for him so others can come over to my place in Dripping Springs and meet him and listen to his speakers and my system. I have all Naim equipment and care equally about home theater as well as stereo music. The date will be December 28th which is a Sunday from 1:00 to about 5:00 unless we are having too much fun. I have invited some friends and neighbors and would like to invite any members of this club and their friends. Email me if you are interested in coming so I will have a idea of how many to expect. I also have finally signed up for this club and look forward to going to future events.
Roger Watson

Hank Frankenberg

Senior HTF Member
When you audition speakers, don't forget two locals:
Mirus Audio (Jonathan on the Austin threads) has some very nice speakers. HF Soundwerks (me) has HT/music speakers that are more for lower budgets, so we're not in direct competition. But both good guys!:D

Jonathan DA

Screenwriter
Hey Roger, nice to see you on the forum again. I am definitely interested in listening to Philip's latest speakers. I thought he had to drop his stake in BESL though when he went to work for another audio company? Maybe I'm thinking of someone else.

RogerDW

Auditioning
Jonathon,
You are correct,that is the same Philip. Philip no longer works for the other company and has reclaimed his business. I would love to have you over. Are you still in business with Scott? Is hank the one who does cabinets? I ran into Greg at his golf shop and he gave me the info on this forum but I am unclear if I posted this message in the right spot!
Roger

Jonathan DA

Screenwriter
Yes, Scott and I are still in business, plugging away at getting our ecommerce stuff running before we go for the big time. We have introduced one new model, a three way tower, since we last talked. We do our own cabinetry; Hank has embarked on his own venture as HF Soundwerks.

I noticed in the other thread you mentioned Philip might be in town on the 28th. I'll be out of town getting married from the 20th-31st. If by chance the plans change and he visits the first week in January, I'll definitely try to make it. Scott will probably want to stop by any time.

RogerDW

Auditioning
Jonathon,
Great news about your marriage!!!! Yes tell Scott about it because he has emailed and talked to Philip before. The date will mostl likely not change. He is coming from Indianapolis and will be on a tight schedule. You should hear my new Naim equipment. Last time I had my big Sim audio amp, which I sold.
Roger

Hank Frankenberg

Senior HTF Member
Doc, so you're going to let Igor (a.k.a. Scott) out of the basement while you're out of town? He does need some fresh air and sunshine you know - makes him more productive ;)

Roger, yes, I've done a variety of cabinets in oak, rosewood and padauk veneers, laminate, faux snow leopard fur, vinyl, even paint (never again!). Here's a shot of two towers I just finished in rosewood, my favorite veneer. In the photo, they have only one light coat of my oil compound applied:
http://www.geocities.com/hankbond1/AV-3.jpg
BTW, please e-mail me directions to your place.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks