What's new

Genesis fans - TV - Breakfast With the Arts (1 Viewer)

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
I didn't know whether to put this in the Music or TV section.

My Tivo is set to record a show called Breakfast With the Arts on A&E network. I was looking at the program descriptions and the June 20th show says this:

"Genesis Songbook (2004) - Members of the rock band Genesis discuss their history."

It's 2 hours long, though the whole show might not be Genesis. This series usually has original material and in-studio interviews. I don't know what this will be like, but it might be worth a look.

Then again, they'll probably show short pristine clips of old Peter Gabriel Genesis, and I'll want to cry, and I'll get depressed because SOMEONE has full-length copies of those and are keeping them from those of us with 3rd, 4th, 5th generation dubs of optical transfers. It's why I've never watched those Genesis history videos. Seeing good-quality short snippets of some of these things is enough to drive a fan batty.

Anyway, thought I'd pass that along.

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
This sounds v. much like the DVD that was released in the UK (I don't know about R1) a couple of years ago. Definitely worth seeing (if only to hear Tony Banks play a wrong note - the first time I've *ever* heard him do that have heard numerous 'unofficial' live recordings).

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
I've seen this DVD around and I think I watched it once. If it's the one I'm thinking of, yeah, it has footage of classic Genesis, with Peter Gabriel in blue face with bat wings on his head.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks