What's new

General Usage ??? (1 Viewer)

RickMel

Grip
I have what is probably a dumb question... Is it ok to have a rear projection HDTV (such as Tosh 57h81) as your main television?

To clarify... My TV gets heavy usage - 6hrs a night and just about all weekend. I watch mostly standard satellite TV (70% Satellite & 30% DVD)and plan on mixing in both HD Satellite and OTA HD. I've heard of "burn in" problems or the guns dimming over time. What is the life expectancy of a rear projection TV with this sort of usage. Is it better to keep the contrast, brightness, and sharpness lower to increase the life of the TV and reduce the risk of "burn in?"

Should I expect to have some repair/tune-up costs associated with a rear projector - over a five year period? I expect to have the TV about five years before the price of Plasma or LCOS is more reasonable and I jump on the bandwagon.

Mark Larson

Supporting Actor
What price range are you gunning for? (Pun intended! :))
The LCD and DLP/D-ILA ones don't have any risk of burn-in. I don't know much about RPTV's though...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks