GBA SP to be ready to import on Monday.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Damien, Feb 15, 2003.

1. Damien

Damien Supporting Actor

- I am highly debating this with myself...should i or shouldn't I? This model that this site... http://hh141.hiphip.com/templates/fr...ubFolderID=151
    ...is displaying is the version that will be shipped to the US, correct? Also how much are they asking for shipping? At least from what I see the main reason this appeals to me is it looks like something I can easily conceal during the school day.[​IMG]

2. GlenHaag

GlenHaag Supporting Actor

I'm thinking of picking one up, but I'm going to wait for the US versions. I'm not in that big of a hurry, as I already have a GBA with an Afterburner installed.

Glen

3. BrianB

BrianB Producer

I'd wait, purely for the price to come down a little. Importers have had to jack their prices up due to undersupplied hardware from Nintendo.

4. Andre F

Andre F Screenwriter

I'm going to wait, but it's going to be hard on me...

5. MikeAlletto

MikeAlletto Cinematographer

I really want one but I'm gonna wait till I can play with it in a demo unit at best buy.

6. GlenHaag

GlenHaag Supporting Actor

I 2nd that Mike. I want to see how much better it is than the Afterburner at lighting.

That's my main concern.

Glen

7. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

I would wait. Why pay $153.50 when units will be available at US retailers soon enough (hopefully) for $100? I have pre-ordered a cobalt unit from bestbuy.com for $100. My main issue with the Game Boy Advance has been the lighting, or lack thereof. I don't own one, but I've used it many times. I too am hoping that the backlighting on the new unit will be effective.

Does anyone have an idea as to how big a backlog there might be in getting the SP onto store shelves? Is this going to be one of those situations where units won't be readily available for weeks or even months after the official release date (March 23rd)?

8. Daniel Becker

Daniel Becker Second Unit

There will be plenty of Gameboy Advance SP's on store shelves come March 24th. Nintendo has never had problems stocking their products and they are going to make sure there are plenty of these suckers available upon release day. Don't let anyone tell you different because they are lying.

Dan.b

9. BrianB

BrianB Producer

10. MikeAlletto

MikeAlletto Cinematographer

I have no fear that there won't be enough product on release day. If they sell out day one there will be a ton more a few days afterwards.

11. Aaron Copeland

Aaron Copeland Second Unit

Aaron
    I just walked into a KB and picked up the GBA on launch day. I doubt the SP will be any harder to find. If not launch day, then I would bet within a week you could easily find one.

12. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Thanks, all. Hopefully Nintendo will hold true to form with the SP.