What's new

GBA SP to be ready to import on Monday. (1 Viewer)

Damien

Supporting Actor
- I am highly debating this with myself...should i or shouldn't I? This model that this site... http://hh141.hiphip.com/templates/fr...ubFolderID=151
...is displaying is the version that will be shipped to the US, correct? Also how much are they asking for shipping? At least from what I see the main reason this appeals to me is it looks like something I can easily conceal during the school day.;)

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
I'm thinking of picking one up, but I'm going to wait for the US versions. I'm not in that big of a hurry, as I already have a GBA with an Afterburner installed.

Glen

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
I'd wait, purely for the price to come down a little. Importers have had to jack their prices up due to undersupplied hardware from Nintendo.

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
I 2nd that Mike. I want to see how much better it is than the Afterburner at lighting.

That's my main concern.

Glen

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
I would wait. Why pay $153.50 when units will be available at US retailers soon enough (hopefully) for $100? I have pre-ordered a cobalt unit from bestbuy.com for $100. My main issue with the Game Boy Advance has been the lighting, or lack thereof. I don't own one, but I've used it many times. I too am hoping that the backlighting on the new unit will be effective.

Does anyone have an idea as to how big a backlog there might be in getting the SP onto store shelves? Is this going to be one of those situations where units won't be readily available for weeks or even months after the official release date (March 23rd)?

Daniel Becker

Second Unit
There will be plenty of Gameboy Advance SP's on store shelves come March 24th. Nintendo has never had problems stocking their products and they are going to make sure there are plenty of these suckers available upon release day. Don't let anyone tell you different because they are lying.

Dan.b

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
I have no fear that there won't be enough product on release day. If they sell out day one there will be a ton more a few days afterwards.

Aaron Copeland

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron
I just walked into a KB and picked up the GBA on launch day. I doubt the SP will be any harder to find. If not launch day, then I would bet within a week you could easily find one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks