What's new

GBA game recommendations? (1 Viewer)

JustinT

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry to horn in on the original thread, but can anyone recommend a baseball game for the GBA? I see that All-Pro and Baseball Advance have received pretty good reviews, which is making it even harder for me to decide. Thanks in advance
James,

I've been playing High Heat 2003 and it is a blast. You can play a Season, the Playoffs, Homerun Derby, and even link it up with another GBA. I've been having a good time with the game and would recommend you give it a shot. Not sure how it compares to the other titles however.

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
James,

I've also heard really good things about the Sega/THQ Baseball game for the GBA... Baseball Advance.

It's tough to find right now. Not listed for Best Buy, Circuit City, or EB games.

I recall seeing it for around $19.99 though.

Also, after starting to play Tactics Ogre a bit, I have to say that this one should be on any strategy fans list. If you can find it... buy it.

Glen

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
The GBA is my only console, its games are cheaper and it was a gift, I can't afford the other hardware at this point, so I've got quite a few games for it.
Let's se, some of my favorites would be,
Super Mario World: Super Mario Advance 2: nothing new if you played the original on the SNES, but having it fit in your pocket is pretty cool.
Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3: see above
Castlevania: circle of the Moon: far better then Harmony of Dissonance. graphics aren't as pretty, but music is far better, castle is way bigger, gameplay is better, and magic system is deeper. HoD is good, CotM is better
Metroid Fusion: need I say more?
Tony Hawk 3&4: very different gameplay style from its console big brothers, but loads of fun, and different level styles as well
Mario Kart Super Circuit: my favorite version of Mario Kart, and I've played 'em all, the weapons and karts are from the N64 version, but the levels are totally new, and fantastically designed
Doom: who says the GBA can't do first person shooters?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks