Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by DonRoeber, Sep 10, 2003.

1. DonRoeber

DonRoeber Screenwriter

I picked this up yesterday. Wow, I can't recommend it enough. If you've ever played a tactical RPG, than you need FFT-A. I'm only about two hours into the game, and really enjoying it so far. The combat system is really smooth, and I like how you can slowly build the world map however you like. The judge and law system is also really unique, adding a nice twist into each battle. I haven't had a problem with it yet, but it sounds like it's going to be more restrictive in the future which will be fun.

Technically, the game is great too. Right up front it gives you three display options, LCD-A (for GBA), LCD-B (for GBA-SP) and TV (for GB Player). I played it on both a GBA-SP and GB Player, and am very impressed. It looks good, and sounds good.

Give it a shot.

2. Chris Rock

Chris Rock Supporting Actor

Picking up today....can't wait!

3. James_Kiang

James_Kiang Screenwriter

I want this game, but I have meant to get rid of my old GBA first. I bought the replacement policy from EB when I got it so I took my old GBA in and got a brand-spanking new one that I meant to put on Ebay. Just haven't got around to it [​IMG]. Only silver lining I can find is that now, assuming I do go ahead and get an SP, I'll have a couple more colors to choose from.

If anyone is in the market for an original GBA with some accessories, just let me know.

4. Hunter P

Hunter P Screenwriter

So how does this differ from Tactics for the PS1? I loved that game. Is it the same game or a vast improvement? Is the combat system the same?

5. James_Kiang

James_Kiang Screenwriter

I can't remember the FFT system all to clearly, but I did read Gamespot's reveiw of FFTA.

Combat: Sounds mostly the same, though they have added a "judge" to the system. Now, some combats will have restictions on them (no swords, no use of the fight button (?), etc.). If you violate the rule your character receives a penalty, perhaps even being removed from the combat.

Jobs/Classes: Sounds like they have most of the basic FF jobs in the game, but they have added a few different races. Abilities are tied into objects which give you points as you use them. Once you have enough points, the ability becomes a part of you so that you can use it without said piece of equipment. Gamespot was a little critical of this system.

Story: The review said it was not as large as FFT, but still good. Though there is a long introduction they say there isn't a ton of story-driven time, meaning the emphasis is largely on combat.

6. MikeFR

MikeFR Supporting Actor

I loved that game on ps1, is it only available on gba?

7. James_Kiang

James_Kiang Screenwriter

MikeFR - Yes, this is a GBA release. It is not a rerelease of the original PS1 FFT but an entirely new game.

8. Brian Kleinke

Brian Kleinke Supporting Actor

Neato, I loved FFT and the variou Ogre Battles. I'll have to pick this baby up! [​IMG]

Brian

9. Kenneth Cummings

Kenneth Cummings Supporting Actor

Picked it up today and I am very impressed. Will be enjoying this game for a long time. [​IMG]