What's new

Gay-Friendly Blu-rays (3 Viewers)

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
Schitt's Creek is one of my favorites. I've watched every episode (currently the final season is airing on Pop on Tuesdays this year) and have a big, big crush on Patrick. He wasn't even on this week's episode, much to my dismay.

LOVE IT!! In addition to being very very funny, it's also unexpectedly touching at times. What a great cast and what a great set of characters. When I started watching the show I would never have guessed that they would ever bring me to tears. They're all wonderful but this is really a fantastic second act for Catherine O'Hara. She is truly and bizarrely sublime.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

ptb2020

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul Trevor Bale
Just watched Handsome Devil and Beach Rats on Netflix, both in glorious HD, but those of us who want a copy have to put up with boring DVD! loved Handsome Devil, in spite of there being no nudity or gratuitous sex, just left me with a nice warm, fuzzy feeling.

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
Just watched Handsome Devil and Beach Rats on Netflix, both in glorious HD, but those of us who want a copy have to put up with boring DVD! loved Handsome Devil, in spite of there being no nudity or gratuitous sex, just left me with a nice warm, fuzzy feeling.

I agree with you in that I think HANDSOME DEVIL is a really good time. I notice you didn't say the same about BEACH RATS :) (which, in my opinion, is a total piece of shit)

ptb2017fr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul Bale
Talking of crushes. Andrew Scott, who is in Handsome Devil and Pride, has a huge gay fan following, (well lots of straight ladies are fans too). Andrew is bringing his Hamlet to New York in the summer. A friend of mine is playing his father in the production which had rave reviews last year in London. Andrew has apparently recently finished a long term relationship and has taken to Grindr. Just thought I'd give any New York based fans a heads up. Queue is already forming....:)

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
Talking of crushes. Andrew Scott, who is in Handsome Devil and Pride, has a huge gay fan following, (well lots of straight ladies are fans too).

If anyone hasn't yet seen him playing straight (well, straight but celibate) as a divinely sexy priest in the second series of FLEABAG, get thee to a netflix nunnery pronto.

ptb2017fr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul Bale
If anyone hasn't yet seen him playing straight (well, straight but celibate) as a divinely sexy priest in the second series of FLEABAG, get thee to a netflix nunnery pronto.

He's damn sexy in whatever he does. It was the first appearance in tight jeans and white T shirt as Moriarty in Sherlock that had me gasping.

ptb2017fr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul Bale
After Theo and Hugo I must say I was put off watching other gay themed sagas as they all seemed so antiseptic and boring.

But after the first ten minutes, which I found confusing and unerotic, the movie was about two guys falling in love. Like God's Own Country, Weekend, even Love Simon, just without the sex scene and the Aids clinic visit (big cheer for French health care system)

ptb2017fr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul Bale
I agree with you in that I think HANDSOME DEVIL is a really good time. I notice you didn't say the same about BEACH RATS :) (which, in my opinion, is a total piece of shit)

well the lead in Beach Rats is very attractive with a lovey physique but his character is really unsympathetic and the storyline not involving.

john a hunter

Screenwriter
But after the first ten minutes, which I found confusing and unerotic, the movie was about two guys falling in love. Like God's Own Country, Weekend, even Love Simon, just without the sex scene and the Aids clinic visit (big cheer for French health care system)
It was also a great tour around an atmospheric Paris in the early hours as a casual encounter became something more.
A landmark gay film for me.

ptb2017fr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul Bale
It was also a great tour around an atmospheric Paris in the early hours as a casual encounter became something more.
A landmark gay film for me.

yes, took me back to my past in the 1970s when I spent many happy times with friends in Paris, both at night and during the day. More than just friends on occasion too!

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
Andrew also turns up in his 'twitchy' mode in 1917...

Hahahahah. I know that mode well! It's what made his Moriarty such a revelation (I just wish that series, which was so incredibly good for most of its run, hadn't imploded into such a sorry mess in its final season)

ptb2017fr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul Bale
Hahahahah. I know that mode well! It's what made his Moriarty such a revelation (I just wish that series, which was so incredibly good for most of its run, hadn't imploded into such a sorry mess in its final season)

I'm afraid creator Mark Gattis is such a hit or miss guy. His latest "recreation" Dracula after ten minutes is simply ghastly. So much money spent and a wasted opportunity.

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
I'm afraid creator Mark Gattis is such a hit or miss guy. His latest "recreation" Dracula after ten minutes is simply ghastly. So much money spent and a wasted opportunity.

I found the new DRACULA to be unspeakably dreadful. About ten minutes into the third episode I realized that life is too short to do this to myself and bailed.

It WAS nice seeing cutie pie Patrick Walshe McBridde (from the BBC's SHAKESPEARE & HATHAWAY, light but fun) in another gay role but it wasn't nearly enough to put this over, IMO.

Last edited:

ptb2017fr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul Bale
I found the new DRACULA to be unspeakably dreadful. About ten minutes into the third episode I realized that life is too short to do this to myself and bailed.

It WAS nice seeing cutie pie Patrick Walshe McBridde (from the BBC's SHAKESPEARE & HATHAWAY, light but fun) in another gay role but it wasn't nearly enough to put this over, IMO.

For once I avoided being totally honest about Dracula as my forthright comments have got me into trouble before. But I’m very glad to see you hated it as much as I did, though I didn’t bail and watched to the end. Episode one lost me when Van Helsing arrived as a female nun. Episode two took place entirely onboard the ship taking Dracula to England, something only worth a mention in the novel because it arrives with an dead crew. And Episode three was simply a disgrace. And you cannot have a Dracula who is neither sexy or scary and who keeps cracking jokes! Well, unless you’re Mark Gatiss that is. He did a programme In Search Of Dracula in which he criticised Hammer and Coppola for being unfaithful to the novel. He needs to read it again, if he ever has, then watch the mess he just made which is the least faithful I have ever seen!

ptb2017fr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul Bale
Anybody seen Postcards From London? Harris Dickinson naked may make it worth it.
After Beach Rats I had no idea he’s a Brit! Maybe talented after all as the accent was terrific, and more than just a good looking guy with a great physique!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks