What's new

Garfield: The Movie IS COMING!!!!!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hol...ent_id=1272653
Garfield to be featured feline in live-action pic
Jan. 17, 2002
America's favorite rotund cat Garfield, his dull-witted canine cohort Odie and their perpetually single owner Jon Arbuckle are making their way to the big screen as a live-action/CGI feature. 20th Century Fox has optioned feature rights to "Garfield," the long-running comic strip that John Davis will produce through his Davis Entertainment. "Toy Story" scribes Joel Cohen and Alec Sokolow will write the script, which will focus on the sibling rivalry between Garfield and Odie. The feature will be live action, with a computer-generated Garfield. "Garfield," created by Jim Davis (no relation to John Davis), was first published in 1978. Over the years, the 27-pound orange- and black-striped cat became known for his laziness, wry remarks and love of lasagna.(Zorianna Kit)
THAT IS THE BEST NEWS I HAVE HEARD ALL WEEK!!
JACOB

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I saw that a bit earlier.

Dear god.

At least John Hughes's planned "Peanuts" never got made... That could have hurt.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I rmeember when they did commercials they had a redhead guy playing jon.

JACOB

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
I would prefer a CGI animated film of Garfield rather than a live action version. I can't see how this would play out live action. It will be interesting to see what they do with it.

Iain Jackson

Second Unit
Woohoo! So it is true - I heard this earlier and thought it was a joke, seeing as the Garfield website doesn't mention anything, but now I've heard it from two sources!

I'm not sure about the live action with CGI Garfield (and Odie, presumably), but hey, he's my favourite cartoon character, I'm going to see this film no matter what!

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Surely there's enough narrative meat on the bones of this comic strip to support a feature-length movie. :rolleyes
It reeks of lazy filmmaking and gimmickry. I, of course, will see it! :D
And as Jon, I'd say Bill Pullman!

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
I'm like Jacob, I would rather see this than Scooby Doo. While it may not be a good idea I always liked Garfield, and thought he was funny. Not a bad suggestion with Bill Pullman as Jon.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Bill Pullman also popped into my mind first, but I would suggest someone else.

I wouldn't mind a CGI/live action since regular animated would probably not be that great, CGI would have a crappy John, and live action would have a crappy Garfield and Odie.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I always thought gene wilder would be perfect.. but probably too old to play the role.

JACOB

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
I was always a big fan of Garfield and I'll give the movie a chance. I second Rick Moranis as John to me he is the perfect John.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
I can't see watching a live-action Garfield movie, but how about Rick Moranis for Jon?
that was the first thing that popped into my head... this the the park that Mr. Moranis was BORN to play. I have always loved Garfield... he is even on my bank checks :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks