What's new

Garfield and Friends...a disc of specials coming, but... (1 Viewer)

Benjamin.D

Stunt Coordinator
This set is going to be great!! I will truly be on cloud nine when Garfield and Friends are released in season sets. Hopefully our good friend Mr. Straddon will help us out with that one!!

Ben

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
the official site of garfield talks about the garfield dvds in the news section.. there is also a book called garfield as himself being released on that day.

JACOB

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor
Wooohooo, Garfield and Friends Season One coming out in July according to TVShowsOnDVD.

GARFIELD AND FRIENDS VOLUME 1 DVD
From Fox Home Entertainment! Featuring the cartoon antics of everyone's favorite fat cat, Garfield, joined by Odie, Jon, and the barnyard crew of U.S. Acres, this DVD set collects all 13 1988-89 first season animated episodes of Jim Davis' Garfield and Friends. Scheduled to ship in July 2004.
DVD $39.98

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
awesome news that the first season is coming to dvd.. I wonder if it will have any extras? like interview with cast and crew or commentary?

the first season was only a half hour long. it went to an hour in the second season. there was 7 seasons all together. I figure they would of have combined season 1 and season 2 together.

JACOB

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I'm still waiting for official confirmation before I get too excited but I'm really hoping that this news turns out to be true.

Matt_H

Stunt Coordinator
anybody know of plans to release "Garfield: His 9 Lives"? I always enjoyed that one mainly becuse it was a little dark.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I think with the release of the garfield movie.. that is the big reason that we are seeing garfield tv specials and series coming to dvd.. even Peter Statton said that it would be a big year for garfield. He was not kidding with us.

JACOB

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Jeff, I don't know what that means, I took that quote from his blog, and that's all he said about it, nothing else in terms of what the actual content is. Mark is registered at HTF but doesn't post very often...I've seen 2 posts from him in total. I love his site though.

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
No esta Sylvia, esta uno de esas criaturas de Kung Fu en el alboroto...DOS!

As long as that episode gets out one day, I'll be a happy cat myself. ;)

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
www.dvdtimes.co.uk has the latest info about the garfield tv series. looks like volumke 1 will have the first season and the first half of season 2. the first season was only a half hour, then went for an hour on the second season.

JACOB

Fox Home Entertainment have announced the Region 1 DVD release of Garfield And Friends: Volume 1 for 27th July 2004 with a retail price of $39.98. Get set for the first Garfield & Friends collection, featuring 24 episodes of the hilarious animated Saturday morning TV series starring that fat and sassy feline who lives for lasagne and can't stand diets, exercise and Mondays! Along with his not-too-bright pooch pal, Odie, and gullible owner Jon, Garfield coughs up a hairball of humour that every human will love.

Each episode contains a Garfield sandwich, featuring two slices of Garfield & Friends and a chewy centre of U.S. Acres, the show featuring Garfield's farm-fresh friends, also created by comic genius Jim Davis.

Presented in the original Full Screen aspect ratio with English and Spanish Mono audio tracks (and accompanying subtitles) the only bonus feature is a trailer for the live action movie.

Episode Breakdown:

Disc 1
Show #1: Garfield's Moving Experience / Wade, You're Afraid / Good Mousekeeping,
Show #2: Nighty Nightmare / Banana Nose / Ode To Odie
Show #3: Fraidy Cat / Shell Shocked Sheldon / Nothing To Sneeze At
Show #4: Garfield: Peace and Quiet / U.S. Acres Wanted: Wade! / Garfield Goes Hawaiian
Show #5: Box O'Fun / Unidentified Flying Orson / School Daze
Show #6: Identity Crisis / The Bad Sport / Up A Tree
Show #7: Weighty Problem / The Worm Turns / Good Cat, Bad Cat
Show #8: Cabin Fever / Return Of Power Pig / Fair Exchange

Disc 2
Show #9: The Binky Show / Keeping Cool / Don't Move!
Show #10: Magic Mutt / Short Story / Monday Misery
Show #11: Best Of Breed / National Tapioca Pudding Day / All About Odie
Show #12: Caped Avenger / Shy Fly Guy / Green Thumbs Down
Show #13: Forget Me Not / I Like Having You Around / Sales Resistance
Show #14: Pest Of A Guest / The Impractical Joker / Fat And Furry
Show #15: Rip Van Kitty / Grabbity / The Big Catnap
Show #16: The Great Getaway / Scrambled Eggs / Hansel And Garfield

Disc 3
Show #17: The Sludge Monster / Fortune Kooky / Heatwave Holiday
Show #18: One Good Fern Deserves Another / Goody Go-Round / The Black Book
Show #19: The Legend Of The Lake / Double Oh Orson / Health Feud
Show #20: Binky Gets Cancelled! / Show Stoppers / Cutie & The Beast
Show #21: The Lasagna Zone / Sleepytime Pig / Yojumbo
Show #22: Pros And Cons / Rooster Revenge / Lights! Camera! Garfield!
Show #23: The Legend of Polecat Flats / Hogcules / Brain Boy
Show #24: Maine Course / No Laughing Matter / Attack of the Mutant

CaseyL

Supporting Actor
Mr. Mark Edward Heuck, That is one of my favorite episodes as well. I loved the Kung Fu Creatures on the Rampage 2!

I always remembered seeing G&F on saturday mornings as an hour long. Only when I saw them re-run on Fox and Nick, did I ever see them half hour, and I watched them from the very first episode on. Maybe I just remember wrong?

Mark Evanier

Auditioning
GARFIELD AND FRIENDS was done, from our point of view, as a half-hour show. The first year, CBS ran it that way. Starting in the second season, it was an hour show which only meant that the half-hour shows were reformatted into hours before broadcast. All of the masters in the vault were formatted as half-hours.

73 of the 121 half-hours have been released into syndication. The others have not been seen in the U.S. since they were on CBS.

The current plan is to release all 121 shows as five volumes of DVDs. The first comes out in July and the second is tentatively intended for the Christmas market. All of the prime-time specials should also be available before long, as well.

That's really about all I know about the DVD plans. I'm not even sure which theme song is on the episodes on this volume.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
thanks for posting the news here at the forum. do you know if the plan any making of features in the later dvds? interviews with cast and crew? that would be very cool.

JACOB

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks