What's new

Game Cube component cables (1 Viewer)

Rob Varto

Supporting Actor
I ordered them from www.nintendo.com...
From what I've read (and if you do a search) you can only obtain the component cables from nintendo online. Not sure if that's going to be the case long term but it seems to be the only viable option right now.
Just click under "store" and then "accessories". They are almost $30.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
The Electronics Boutique at Westlake Center (Seattle) said they expected a shipment this week. On launch day they had absolutely no accesories and only had enough GCs for those of us that pre-ordered.

Alan Wild

Stunt Coordinator
After a tip on this forum two weeks ago I ordered an imported version of the Japanese component cable at http://www.therage.com. I'm happy to report that the Japanese cable works just fine with an American console.
The only downside is you probably won't be able to read the box. :)
-Alan

David J Wang

Agent
I have a Sony 27" Wega w/Component Inputs.... think it'll be a lot clearer over standard RCA even though I don't have progressive capability? What about Component over s-video? Also, are the component cables from Nintendo going to be the only ones to purchase for awhile or are there going to be some other manufacturers who make them? Perhaps Monster Cables? Any info would help.

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
I can't see why Monster wouldn't manufacture Component Video cables for the Gamecube at some point. Monster also made PS2 compatible s-video and component game cables (which are totally serviceable). They're simple, sturdy (not the best mind you) and in my humble experience, reliable.

Once you see the difference between plain old RCA and component, even on a non-WEGA, there is no going back.

Joseph

David J Wang

Agent
So would it be worth it to wait for Monster to possibly build component cables for the GC or do you think the Nintendo component cables will be more than adequate?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks