What's new

HK AVR320 Component Video (1 Viewer)

Bob*M

Auditioning
I purchased an HK AVR320 in Nov.2002. The unit works fine except that I cannot use the component video switching. I recently purchased a Sony DVP-NS725P progressive scan dvd to use on our Sony 34XBR800 hdtv. This is the first time I tried to use the component switching. When I connect the dvd to the component DVD input on the AVR, the MON output to the component input on the tv (video 5) and a Game cube to the VID2 input, there is no video on the tv, audio is fine. When bypassing the dvd, & game cube directly to the tv the video is fine. Connecting the hdtv cable box (SA4200HD) output to the AVR has the same results no video even on a none hd channel. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bandwidth probelem? Cables (monster)and connections have benn double checked. Any suggestions?

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
Double check setup of dvd player that the component output is enabled. Also on receiver setup, make sure THAT input is enabled.
Are the component cables new? Do you have a way of double checking them? Try a different input on tv............
Send HK an email.......... Good luck!

Steve*W

Agent
Sorry, dumb yet obvious question that I gotta ask, but you did switch the t.v to the right input didn't you????

Bob*M

Auditioning
Not dumb, I've been known to do things like that. I tried Video 5 & 6 which are both component in. Running directly into the tv the video is fine, cables are good.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks