What's new

fun at ticketmaster.com (1 Viewer)

Craig Robertson

Supporting Actor
so, this morning at 9am Dave Matthews tickets go on sale at ticketmaster.com. the wife and i and her sister and boyfriend want to go to one of the three shows in September at the Gorge Ampitheater. the i set up my account yesterday so i'll be ready to purchase them this morn. about 8:45 i'm camped out on the ticketmaster web site, cup o' coffee in hand. 9am tickets are released and i'm clicking on "find tickets"! get the "site is busy, please click refresh" page over and over and over. then, come to find out, if you click refresh too many times, ticketmaster locks you out of purchasing tickets with a cookie on your machine! WTF?!? i finally figure out to delete the cookie and back i go. busy, busy, busy, locked out happens several more times before i finally get to a page with tickets and i hit submit. wait an eternity and finally get "cannot find page", GRRRRRR!
i repeat this scene a couple of more times, busy busy busy, locked out, pick tickets, can't find page. man, am i getting bummed out!
finally, the good reserved seats are gone and general admission is all that is left for that day. off to one of the other days to try for better seats. i go thru the same kind of frustration as above a few more times, finally get to purchase tickets page to get "credit card denied" on my known good Visa! i edit my account info to change credit cards and off to purchase tickets, this one is denied as well. and so on...
i never did get to any page confirming any kind of purchase, and man am i bummed. i tell the wife and sister-in-law the bad news, no tickets. i'll never purchase from ticketmaster online again!!!
then, about half an hour later, i check my email. there i find three msgs from ticketmaster, confirming my THREE SEPERATE ORDERS!! i not only purchased the four tickets i wanted originally, i completed two more orders for a total of TWELVE tickets on two seperate days, for a total of $705.35!!!!!!!! i'll never buy from ticketmaster online again!!!
fortunately, my sister is gonna buy four of the tickets, i'll either sell the rest or get ticketmaster to take them back.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
eh the gorge always sells out, hang on to the tickets and you'll have no problem selling them off at the purchase price

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
there's usually a max of 6 or 8 that you can get from an internet preorder.

if you were using the same credit card for all of your orders they won't fill any over the maximum order amount. They will send you a confirmation e-mail tho, but if you check your order status on their website it'll tell you about the orders that were actually accepted.

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
I had a rough experience with Ticketmaster with Paul McCartney tickets going on sale.

The trick with the lockout, I think is to not click so fast. I got locked out about 10 minutes before tix went on sale, but when I went to another computer and refreshed every few seconds rather than immediately, it worked fine. I got some tickets after about three minutes and didn't get locked out again. I did get "busy" and "refresh" messages a lot before they showed any seats. I had gone back at least twice and reset my choice of seat and delivery method options before I got a screen asking me to refresh. I probably didn't need to go back, however.

I can't figure out how you got three orders after having your credit card declined, though. I didn't run into any problems like that.

All told, I would rather take my chances with Ticketmaster online during a big onsale rather than going to an outlet or calling on the phone. I once tried to get through on the phone for 45 minutes before it rang. And with a line outside a Ticketmaster outlet, you could wait 10-15 minutes for tickets (or longer) if you're not lucky enough to be in the front of the line.

Frank_W

Stunt Coordinator
This is actually pretty new (in the last 6 months) where

Ticketmaster put a limit on refreshes because of macros

that would refresh about 90 times a minute. Now multiply

that by 8 browsers opened at one time and you have a very

powerful way of getting great tickets in less than half

a minute. Espicially when they have links directly to the

server addresses instead of going through the main pages.

Now the "Ticket Brokers" have installed a program

that will delete the cookies that store the time that you

logged in. So the 'regular' ticket buyer is still screwed

in the end and all the good tickets go to the brokers and

eBay sellers.

Ryan L B

Supporting Actor
that is why you always call. in october my brother and i wanted tix to the u2 concert at the very old and small baltimore arena. they sold out of around 13,000 in 10 min. I got mine though, i cant imagin how crowded the internet would be.

Craig Robertson

Supporting Actor
[best cheesey infomercial voice]:
But wait! There's more!
i'm just coming home from picking up a babysitter so the wife and i can go out for the evening, and my neighbor is at the door. he's dropping off our mail that was put in his mailbox. in addition to our mail and his mail, he also got the mail from THREE other neighbors. in the mail was the OPENED envelope with the tickets! they were all there, but i was freaked.
i'm just lucky that the mailman delivered to this neighbor. i have another neighbor that's an ex con. the house next to him is vacant and for sale. he had the balls to take the woodstove out of the vacant house and put it in his front yard with a "for sale" sign on it! i called the realtor who came and took care of the problem, but how comfortable can you feel living near a creep like that?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks