What's new

From Rumor to Fact. Blockbuster to Test Blu-ray, HD DVD Rentals (1 Viewer)

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
FYI. Looks like the rumor was true. Now here's hoping my Blockbuster is on of the test stores.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
thomas the manger of your store will know.
if he tells you after asking thats another thing.

i do know the one were i work will carry these.

htf_images_smilies_banana.gif
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif
:D :emoji_thumbsup:

:P

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Good news. So many retailers and rental stores held out on DVD (I still remember a guy at my BBV who didn't think it was worth the upgrade to DVD, except maybe for action films), it's like they're trying to make up for it by jumping into HD, which is kind of strange since it's much further from a sure thing than DVD was. At least there's no pay-per-view format option mucking up the works, which could be part of it.:)

Brent T

Second Unit
Blockbuster is a dying company. I guess any help to the new formats is good however I cant name anyone I know that still goes to Blockbuster. I think Netflix has taken a huge bite out of that pie and thankfully they have been renting HD & Blueray movies for awhile.

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
I do. I have not been able to get into the 'on-line' rental thing. If Blockbuster goes away, my days of rental will draw to an end.

Brent T

Second Unit

Not to sound like a commercial but you really should try the online renting companies. You can do a free trial (i think this is still available) and its so easy even my 65 year old father can do it and he just learned how to do an attachment on his email !

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann

It is not a matter of trying the on-line services, or the ease of use, but for renting, I need to browse the isles. Seaching a WEB page just doesn't do it for me.

In addition, I travel for a living. The ability of walking into any Blockbuster across the country and pickin up some evening entertainment while out of time is something that the on-line services can't supply.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks