What's new

Friends Finale Already Taped? (1 Viewer)

Don Black

Screenwriter
I'm amazed that they've already finished the entire season!
Jennifer Aniston In The Dark Over Friends Ending
Friends actress Jennifer Aniston is clueless as to how the hit American show will end. The beautiful star, who plays Rachel Greene in the long-running comedy, says the cast have recorded a false ending of the sitcom to keep everyone guessing. It is thought the latest season of Friends, currently being shown in America, will be the last. Jennifer told Britain's OK! magazine, "The night we shot the finale, we were handed the scripts at two o'clock in the morning. We shot a whole phoney ending, sent the audience home and then they didn't even let us know how it was going to end." She adds she'll still hang out with the cast of Friends when the sitcom ends. "We all love each other. I hope we stay friends for a very long time," she says.

Robert Monzo

Agent
The finale has not been filmed. If anything, she was talking about the 7th season finale. This is the 8th season. They have only aired 4 episodes so far and filmed about 8 of them.
Robert

Don Black

Screenwriter
That quote was taken from today's Studio Briefing (IMDB.com)... I too wouldn't have thought that the show was already shot for the season... but...

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
She was indeed talking about last season's finale in which a false ending was filmed to maintain the surprise. They just haven't had enough time to finish this season's episodes, it's just logistically impossible.

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
I'm on a mailing list which receives reports from audience members who go to the taping of Friends shows. The false ending (which was, if you're interested, gentle readers, that Monica was pregnant and Chandler freaked out because he thought he was going to be a dad) threw a lot of people (myself included) totally off the scent (which it shouldn't have done, since they've done it before - e.g. for the finale of whichever series finished in London, they filmed four alternative endings).
My spies reliably inform me that they've only filmed the first seven or so episodes.

Michael*K

Screenwriter
It is thought the latest season of Friends, currently being shown in America, will be the last.
There was a blurb in yesterday's "Chicago Tribune" that producers of the show will attempt to sign the cast to a new contract that includes fewer episodes, rather than increasing their salaries for a full slate.
patriot.gif

------------------
--Mike
Amazon Hot 100 DVD's

Dave Barth

Stunt Coordinator
Not a bad idea...steal the HBO approach, keep your cast from burning out & let them spend 3/4 of the year on other projects...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks