What's new

Free AVG Ver 7 Now Available (1 Viewer)

Bob Graz

Supporting Actor
I downloaded the free version of AVG 7 last night. It downloaded fine and uninstalled AVG 6 in the process. When I ran the first scan however, it came up with virus found Trojan Horse Dropper.small.7.j. It wouldn't quarentine or delete it however. I then ran spy-bot and ad-aware, neither of which fixed it either. I then ran Housecall which found something called JAVA BYTEVER.A. but it said something to the effect of file being used and it wouldn't do anything either.

So now I wasn't sure how to get rid of this thing. After spending an hour or so doing web searches I came across the answer. Went into Control Panel to Java plug-in, clicked on cache, clicked on clear and problem solved. Ran everything again and it was all clean. I don't understand the technical details and I've never had reason to go into the Java Plug-in cache and clear it, but it worked and everything is fine now.

Thought I'd pass it on in case anyone else see's the same thing.

Mike Fassler

Supporting Actor
yeah, be careful of dropper trojans if they actually start to infect your system, they are used to steal cd keys and serials mainly. what web browser are you using? if yer using IE make sure yer pc is patched up and be sure to use spyware blaster.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks