What's new

International Frank Herbert's Dune: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
51XboEoy2gL.jpg

Umbrella presents the definitive Dune Collection consisting of both Dune (2000) and Children of Dune (2003) miniseries and over 5hours of special features across 4 discsGuaranteed to inspire awe in the most diehard fan of Dune; this very special set includes4 Blu-ray discs Exclusive custom designed 750+ brick Facing Shai-Hulud Dune brick set (designed by Jeffy-O) - build your own sandworm using GoBricks! Dimensions 25cm x 11cm x 14cm (*compatible with other leading brick brands) Over 160 page hardback book featuring interviews, behind-the-scenes and more Custom artwork plinth rigid case by Shannon Trottman 8 replica lobby cards A3 reversible poster Frank Herbert's Dune Complete Collection is a comprehensive collection of Frank Herbert's 'Dune Chronicles' that begins with the landmark science fiction epic DUNE, a stunningly realised four-and-a-half hour miniseries produced by the Sci-Fi Channel, and continues with the spectacular follow up CHILDREN OF DUNE, which combines the second and third books from the series. Featuring a stellar cast worthy of such an epic saga, these award-winning productions are landmark in their vision and scope and remain two of the highest rating sci-fi programs in history. Now including two bonus discs of extensive behind-the-scenes content and interviews with the cast and crew, Frank Herbert's Dune Complete Collection is the definitive tome of the Atreides family legacy and of the spice-world Arrakis.Extras:Umbrella presents the definitive Dune Collection consisting of both Dune (2000) and Children of Dune (2003) miniseries and over 5hours of special features across 4 discsGuaranteed to inspire awe in the most diehard fan of Dune; this very special set includes4 Blu-ray discs Exclusive custom designed 750+ brick Facing Shai-Hulud Dune brick set (designed by Jeffy-O) - build your own sandworm using GoBricks! Dimensions 25cm x 11cm x 14cm (*compatible with other leading brick brands) Over 160 page hardback book featuring interviews, behind-the-scenes and more Custom artwork plinth rigid case by Shannon Trottman 8 replica lobby cards A3 reversible poster Making Of Dune (61:53)Making Of Children Of Dune (13:22)Children Of Dune Storyboard With Audio Commentary (6:05)Children Of Dune Visual Effects (3:28)Cast & Crew InterviewsWilliam Hurt (7:57)Vittorio Storaro (8:26)John Harrison (20:21)Alec Newman (11:59)Julie Cox (8:01)Saskia Reeves (5:16)Barbora Kodetova (5:46)Matt Keeslar (2:52)Ernest Farino (9:06)Richard P: Rubinstein (10:03)Mitchell Galin (9:12)Miljen Kreka Kljakovic (4:37)Production Behind-The-ScenesFilming First Unit (9.32)Filming Second Unit (4.02)Vittorio Storaro Behind The Camera (3.17)Camera And Motion Control (1.30)Translights (1.35)John Harrison On Directing (6.09)Set. Stage Preparation (1.44)Models (2.02)Costume And Props Department (2.12)Makeup (4.13)Studio Set (5.10)"Graeme Revell Reveals" Featurette (5:12)"Frank Herbert's Dune: The Lure Of Spice" Documentary (25:44)"Science Fiction, Science Future" Panel Discussion (28:29)"Will McNelley On Frank Herbert's Dune" Featurette (12:20)"Defining The Messiah" Featurette (13:08)"Vittorio Storaro: The Color Wheel" Featurette (12:41)"Walking And Talking With John Harrison" Featurette (11:15)The Secret's Of Frank Herbert's Dune (80:00)IntroductionCast & CharactersProduction DesignCostume DesignSpecial, Mechanical & Visual EffectsCinematographyStills Galleries

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate, HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

The Drifter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jim
This is interesting, but even if I had a Region-free player (I don't), I don't see paying over $200 for this.

I did attempt to watch the first sci-fi channel Dune 2000 TV film (on DVD) about 12+ years ago, but gave up because the disk was scratched & wouldn't play beyond the first five?! minutes. But, I would definitely have been interested in seeing this & Children of Dune. That being said, these DVD's are long OOP.

Here's hoping for a less expensive & Region 1 Blu (or even DVD) release/re-release of these tele-films.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
These are excellent miniseries, and I’d gladly support this release if it came without the huge box of swag. I have a region-free foreign release of both that I’m happy with, but if they were to do a new transfer, I’d be on board. Before the new Villeneuve movie, this was the best adaptation of Dune.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
This is interesting, but even if I had a Region-free player (I don't), I don't see paying over $200 for this.

I did attempt to watch the first sci-fi channel Dune 2000 TV film (on DVD) about 12+ years ago, but gave up because the disk was scratched & wouldn't play beyond the first five?! minutes. But, I would definitely have been interested in seeing this & Children of Dune. That being said, these DVD's are long OOP.

Here's hoping for a less expensive & Region 1 Blu (or even DVD) release/re-release of these tele-films.
Here ya go:

Says it's Region 2 but it's actually Region Free (I own a copy - plays fine on my LG R1 player and looks much better than the old DVDs). And it's also from Umbrella, likely the exact same transfers on this overpriced box-o-junk set.

LeeBob

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Lee Solheim
Earlier this year I purchased the version shown above by BobO'Link and can also confirm these will play on a Region A player. I had never seen these before and enjoyed the first mini series for what it is (But have not yet watched more than the first few minutes of Children of Dune). I look forward to watching Children when some time frees up.

Jeff Fearnside

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jeff Fearnside
These are excellent miniseries, and I’d gladly support this release if it came without the huge box of swag. I have a region-free foreign release of both that I’m happy with, but if they were to do a new transfer, I’d be on board. Before the new Villeneuve movie, this was the best adaptation of Dune.
@Sam Favate, you can buy this direct from Umbrella Entertainment for $65 including shipping and without any swag, just the Dune and Children of Dune series on four discs.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Third parties tend to stock that disc on Amazon as well - it was about $30 until just before the new movie came out, and now it’s been closer to $45 since then. It remains on my to-do list to buy it but I also didn’t really love either miniseries so it just hasn’t been a priority to collect it. Next time I actually feel like watching it, I’ll get it.

Jeff Fearnside

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jeff Fearnside
Third parties tend to stock that disc on Amazon as well - it was about $30 until just before the new movie came out, and now it’s been closer to $45 since then. It remains on my to-do list to buy it but I also didn’t really love either miniseries so it just hasn’t been a priority to collect it. Next time I actually feel like watching it, I’ll get it.
I couldn't find the 4-disc set without swag on Amazon... However, I see there's a 2-disc set of both films for around $45, presumably without the extras found on the missing 2 discs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks