What's new

FOX HOME VIDEO: A Chat Question That Never Happened (1 Viewer)

Jay Gregory

Stunt Coordinator
I wanted to post this question during the chat, but was never able to get through to ask it, I'm on the East Coast, my bedtime passed, etc.:
I'm really looking forward to the upcoming MASH release! However, I would also like to see the series of movies Altman made with 20th Century Fox during the late 70s starting with 3 Women through H.E.A.L.T.H. on DVD, and in their OAR.
According to the Patrick McGilligan Altman bio and the IMDb, at least four of the five movies are Panavision shaped, and as far as i can tell 3 Women, A Perfect Couple, and H.E.A.L.T.H. have never been released on home video.
Is there any chance that we might see some of these movies on DVD? I got a great set of A Wedding lobby cards for my birthday, so you can borrow those if you need to. :) DONE

[Edited last by Jay Gregory on July 31, 2001 at 10:22 PM]

Bill Huelbig

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bill Huelbig
Jay:
Someone near the end of the chat asked about the Altman production O.C. AND STIGGS, and Peter said Fox was looking into their catalog of Altman titles (besides M*A*S*H) for next year. Sounds like potential good news for us fans of 3 WOMEN, A WEDDING, etc.
--Bill

Jay Gregory

Stunt Coordinator
Hmmm, I never would have thought Fox might have rights to O.C. & Stiggs. But I would love to see at least a few of the movies Alan Ladd, Jr. let Altman make in the wake of all those Star Wars bucks be published on DVD.
3 Women is shown on TV occasionally, and it kills me when the letterboxed opening is suddenly panned-and-scanned after the credit sequence ends. It's like I'm watching 2 Women!

Ed Vandeweerd

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Jay,
The questions I didn't get to ask were as follows:
Fox Planning revisits on the following? Perhaps at least new annamorphic transfers?
1. "Mrs Doubtfire" (With original supplements intact)
2. "The Full Monty" (Annamorphic)
3. "Broken Arrow" (Anamorphic)
4. "Sexy Beast"
5. "Home Alone" (1 and 2 only please)
I was on for most of the chat but didn't get my "Yo" in in time :)
------------------
Ed Vandeweerd
[email protected]
my collection

CamiloCamacho

Stunt Coordinator
From the titles you name, Mr Staddon only talk about Home Alone(any part), he says there are no inmediatly plans for re-release, no work, and if there will be another edition it will not be out until Christmas 2002.
As i see this thread more succesful than mine, i will put some questions i also have to Mr Staddon.
"First of all i have just read the chat with fox and looks it was great, there are coming really good discs!!!.
Mr Staddon, i see on the chat two items that brought my attention too much. The first, you now manages Region 4 releases, about this, i want to ask you why you price so high DVD's here in LatinAmerica (Colombia specially), why 40 US$ on a movie (Examples: Titan A.E. and X-Men)that cost in the US 19US$?.
The next question is the 5.1 "thread". Some people ask for French 5.1 on your releases, and you answer FOX will put two versions on the market, one in the US with SP 5.1 and one in Canada with FR 5.1, will this thread will be followed in zone 4 launches?, and what titles in this year will have this care??.
Thanks very much"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks