Found some good deals for projectors on ebay but...

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Harold Wazzu, Feb 24, 2005.

1. Harold Wazzu

Harold Wazzu Supporting Actor

if you were just starting your home theater, would you take a chance with buying from ebay if you could save quite a bit of money?

Right now I see a Studio Experience Matinee 1HD for $549 + 20 shipping Buy-It-Now price and a Sanzy Z1 for $640 + $40 shipping Buy-It-Now price.

Both have actual pics of the units.

Do a search in the LCD Projector's area: http://listings.ebay.com/Projectors_...tingItemL ist

to find them.

2. KirkP

KirkP Agent

Just check out the sellers ratings and remember if it's too good to be true- it probably is. Keep in mind, you can buy a brand new NEC HT410 that ends up being $995 after the $200 mail in rebate. This would offer superior image quality than these older projectors. Just make sure whatever you purchase has the resolution, brightness & throw ratio necessary for your home theater environment. We are forum sponsor- you are more than welcome to contact me and we can discuss your setup and I give you some recommendations.

3. Craig W

Craig W Second Unit

Also beware that many PJs show up on ebay when their bulbs get towards the end of their life. Add the price of a new bulb to those and you would probably be better off buying a new unit.

4. Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc Producer

Jim
    Harold, don't buy from Ebay.

5. Drew Bethel

Drew Bethel Screenwriter

Avoid Ebay. Spend a few extra hundred bucks and you can sleep well at night.