What's new

first umd movie disc announced (1 Viewer)

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor
...and it's free with the first 1 million PSPs shipped in N. America (not sure if a similar offer will be extended to our European counterparts).

Rolando

Screenwriter
CAn someone help a playstation newbie (well after the original I mean)?

I assume PSP stands for a portable version but what screen size a re talking about here and what is a umd?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
yes could the words be spelled out, at least in the first post and title of a thread?

Kain_C

Screenwriter
UMD stands for Universal Media Disc. It is Sony's new video/game format disc. A dual-layered disc can hold 1.8GB of information and has a transfer rate of 11Mb/sec. It looks very similiar to a MiniDisc and is similiarly shockproof.

The Sony Portable PlayStation has a 4.3 inch screen that is actually 16 x 9! I saw an import in person and the screen is absolutely beautiful! Vibrant, clear, and bright, it does tend to smudge easily though.

Unfortunately, do to high dead pixel rates and production inefficiencies (rumored), the LCD may experience a shifting of manufaturers from Sharp to Samsung, which would result in a less bright, and some say less quality, screen which it releases in the States on March 24.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks