What's new

first post... need some suggestions (1 Viewer)

KennethF

Stunt Coordinator
I just upgraded my speakers to Definitive Technology BP2000TLs, CLR 3000, and BPVX/Ps. I need some suggestions to start researching a new receiver or separate preamp and amplifier. I am looking for something reasonably high end, although I can assure you that after this recent purchase, my wife probably will not let me have the Lexicon.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, and thanks in advance!

george king

Supporting Actor
Welcome to the forum!! You say you want something reasonably high end, but do not give a budget. However, here are some suggestions in no particular order.

Processors - $3-6K range
Anthem AVM 20
Bryston SP 1.7
The new Naim unit
Classe SSP-75
Tag
The new Aragon

Amps - $2-4K range
Krell Showcase
Rotel 1095 and 1090
Bryston
Theta Intrepid

Hope this helps.

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
You gotta include in the pre/pro group, the Krell Showcase. I see you have the amp but not the pre/pro. Sharp looking unit at $4k list.

Bob

Kevin Farley

Second Unit
Welcome to the Forum!
Check out EAD, (sometimes you can get great deals on used equipment if you look around...) Arcam, Rotel, B&K, etc. We have EAD gear and love it! That said, there are some good receivers, Denon, Marantz, Pioneer Elite, Onkyo, NAD, Rotel, and B&K that you can get which will be great. Audition as many as possible, and figure out which features are really important. Plus, I'd set a price limit, since you can go off the deep end :)
Have fun!
Kevin Farley

Yogi

Screenwriter
Add B&K and Parasound to the amps list in the same range as George's

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks