What's new

First Home! LCD above fireplace? (1 Viewer)

e094228

Auditioning
Real Name
Dan
Hey guys, just wondering what your opinions are on mounting a 46" LG LCD above my fire place. We just bought our first home and from the picture U can see theres not many options. We REALLY dont wanna put our sofa in front of the window so from the picture, putting the LCD above the fireplace, is that OK or not.

Is a woodburning FP. Not sure how much we will use it.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Common question and the most common reply is not to do it. The TV should be at eye level for the most comfortable viewing. Try watching TV for a few hours with your head tilted back. It's not that comfortable. Even though this is our most common answer, a lot of people still install the TV up there. At least tilt it down a little bit.

HD-Guzzler

Auditioning
Real Name
Dustin
I think he was more concerned if the heat from the fire would damage the TV. I am also looking at houses to buy right now and would like know if it harmful to place the TV over the fire place.

c17ross07

Auditioning
Real Name
Celine ross
I guess it maybe risky if you would put the TV on FP... The heat may damage it...

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
This thread about covers all the issues and concerns: http://www.hometheaterforum.com/forum/thread/277820/lcd-install-above-fireplace

P.S. Nice wood floors!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks